FeatureLayer Performance Issues and point clustering

04-19-2018 11:37 PM
TubaKumbara
Occasional Contributor

Hello. I'm trying to use FeatureLayer for 58.000 points which from featureservice url.

In this case i have 2 different issues.

1. Sceneview displaying only ~500 points, has no performance problem because of less data. 

2. Mapview displaying only ~10000 points. But have serious performance problem.Cannot move map with mouse (WEBGL activated)

In all cases i want to show all of my data without any performance issues.

-- Do esri have the plan to including cluster layer class in the js api in the near future?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tuba,

It is already there.

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/3/jsapi/featurelayer-amd.html#enablefeaturereduction 

Enables feature reduction (for example clustering) on point layers. See setFeatureReduction() for more details. See the featureReduction object specification table below for options that may be set in this object.

Support for feature reduction is limited to the following scenarios:

• Point data(from service or FeatureCollection).
  • The map must have a spatial reference of Web Mercator or WGS84.
  • If the layer contains more than 50,000 features, then only the first 50,000 will be clustered.
  • A FeatureLayer created from a service URL must point to a service that supports pagination (ArcGIS Server version 10.3.1 or higher).
  • When editing is initiated with the Editor widget, then feature reduction is disabled until the Editor widget is destroyed.
  • Feature reduction is disabled when the layer has one of the following renderers: HeatmapRenderer, BlendRenderer, TemporalRenderer, orScaleDependentRenderer.
0 Kudos
TubaKumbara
Occasional Contributor

thanks for reply Robert. I forgot to say but i'm using 4.7 API.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tuba,

The 4.x API has featureReduction.

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/api-reference/esri-layers-FeatureLayer.html#featureR... 

But it does not yet support clustering.

0 Kudos