Select to view content in your preferred language

Dynamically detecting map layer service type

Jump to solution
01-19-2012 10:08 AM
AndyStewart1
Occasional Contributor
I'm looping through map layers.  How do I determine which services are dynamic vs. tiled vs. image?

The layer object in the Javascript API doesn't seem to have a TYPE property.  Am I wrong?
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
derekswingley1
Deactivated User
Use a layer's has a declaredClass property to figure out what kind of layer it is. For instance, declaredClass for a tiled layer is "esri.layers.ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
derekswingley1
Deactivated User
Use a layer's has a declaredClass property to figure out what kind of layer it is. For instance, declaredClass for a tiled layer is "esri.layers.ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer".
0 Kudos
AndyStewart1
Occasional Contributor
That was the ticket.  Thanks!
0 Kudos
derekswingley1
Deactivated User
My pleasure! Can you mark my previous post as the answer to the thread?
0 Kudos
ManishkumarPatel
Deactivated User

Hi Derek,

Could you please help provide some link to the documentation that states the information for declaredClass or if there are any more methods available. I tried to search through the API documentation but was not able to find anything related to layer.declaredClass

Although it works as a great solution to my issue I am just curious to know how does this work and what other methods or properties are available.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Best Regards,
Manish
0 Kudos
ManishkumarPatel
Deactivated User
Hi Derek,

Could you please help provide some link to the documentation that states the information for declaredClass or if there are any more methods available. I tried to search through the API documentation but was not able to find anything related to layer.declaredClass

Although it works as a great solution to my issue I am just curious to know how does this work and what other methods or properties are available.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Best Regards,
Manish

Found the info.

http://livedocs.dojotoolkit.org/dijit/info#common-attributes-of-dijits

• declaredClass - this is actually a relic of dojo.declare, which is how widgets are defined. The declaredClass is a string equal to the fully qualified name of the widget class.

require(["dijit/Dialog"], function(Dialog){     var myDialog = new Dialog({ title:"foo" }, "bar");     myDialog.declaredClass == "dijit/Dialog" // true });

Thanks,

Manish
0 Kudos