Duplicate basemap : Topographic

Jump to solution
01-11-2023 07:50 AM
ADITYAKUMAR1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

We have integrated Basemapgallery widget to our application. The basemap gallery works fine but we have multiple maps in the gallery and two Topographic maps.

ADITYAKUMAR1_1-1673452019123.png

However, I find different descriptions for each Topographic, but the duplicate names confuse a lot. Any idea why its coming and how to change it?

Thanks

Aditya Kumar

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Go into your organization's settings to see what group the basemaps come from, then look at that group's content. You should be able to identify the duplicates and remove one of them from there.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Go into your organization's settings to see what group the basemaps come from, then look at that group's content. You should be able to identify the duplicates and remove one of them from there.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
ADITYAKUMAR1

@jcarlson Thanks for response. I am using JavaScript 4 for this. Its not connected to ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The basemap gallery, then, is based on whatever portal you are connected to, which is probably just the default AGOL. If you're doing it all in JS, you ought to be able to adjust that list manually, though I've not done it myself.

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/latest/api-reference/esri-widgets-BasemapGallery.html

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
ADITYAKUMAR1

@jcarlson you were right. I just checked the default basemap section in ArcGIS online and found the layers which are coming in ArcGIS Javascript Basemap Gallery are coming from the list available here.Do you have any ideas how can we change some of the layers from here?

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Working purely from JS, I'm not certain of how you would do it. I know that a basemap can really be any web map, so perhaps there is a way to configure a custom webmap object with the layers you want, then pipe that object into the basemap gallery? I'm a bit out of my depth on this topic, though.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS