Select to view content in your preferred language

Did something change in Edge recently? JSAPI apps still fully functional in Chrome but lost functionality in Edge

Tuesday
Dirk_Vandervoort
Regular Contributor

We're in code red trying to figure out why the Legend widget, LayerList widget and the Editor widget are not working properly in Edge all of a sudden. 4.28, no recent code changes.

The operation symptoms in Edge: widgets (above) can no longer interact with the map, attempting to get a map popup seizes the app (Other interactions with the mapview cause it to seize as well), Calcite widgets we've built no longer interact with the mapview, others.

<edit>This also affects labelling in certain maps - apparently authored in ArcGIS Pro. But it is related, which is really bizarre.</edit>

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @Dirk_Vandervoort , does anything in this technical article explain what you are seeing ?

https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/defective-chromium-128-update-and-arcgis-maps-sdk-for-...

If not, please can you confirm the exact versions of Chrome & Edge (and ideally Firefox too) that you are using.

0 Kudos
Dirk_Vandervoort
Regular Contributor
  • EDGE: Version 129.0.2792.65 (Official build) (64-bit) 
  • CHROME: Version 129.0.6668.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Both appear to be up-to-date. Issue is still happening.

The issue does not occur on Edge on private computers. This The issue only occurs on company PCs inside the corporate firewall. This leads me to believe that it's "something" about our corporate Edges. Stay tuned.

0 Kudos
Dirk_Vandervoort
Regular Contributor

Additional Details:

• Edge browser map loses the ability to interact with the user and widgets inside our corporate domain and VPN.
  • Edge browser map interacts expectedly with the user and widgets when accessed outside our corporate domain and VPN - i.e., the Internet.
  • i.e., it's not the browser, it's our intranet or its firewall

Here is an an example:

YMMV

0 Kudos