Select to view content in your preferred language

Can an Address Locators Properties be changed on the fly?

Jump to solution
04-28-2015 09:51 AM
JaniceBaird
Frequent Contributor

I have an address locator that has a side offset set to 20 feet. This works well for displaying the geocoded address at a location that is 20 feet from the centerline. Is there a way to modify the Locator Properties in javascript so that I can get the exact point on the centerline rather than (or as well as) one that is 20 feet away? Do I need to create a second address locator with a side offset of 0 to accomplish this? When I look at the properties of the address locator, the geocoding options are grayed out. (see the attached png).

What I am trying to do is place a graphic on the centerline that the user can move up and down the centerline. I have also having an issue with snapping... I will put that in a separate discussion!

Thanks,

Janice.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Janice,

I think you will have to have a 2nd locator. You won't be able to make changes to your published geocoder via javascript.

Tim

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Janice,

I think you will have to have a 2nd locator. You won't be able to make changes to your published geocoder via javascript.

Tim

MuditAgarwal
Occasional Contributor

Hi Janice,

Yes you need to create another locator as Tim already suggested. JavaScript API uses locators from published Geocoding service so has no control to change the parameters value which are required at the time of creation of the locator.

Thanks

Mudit

0 Kudos
JaniceBaird
Frequent Contributor

I was able to accomplish what I wanted by creating another address locator.... it works well but seems unfortunate that I have to have another locator to give me what the original one already knows!

Thanks for your input.

0 Kudos