Select to view content in your preferred language

Building viewer floor filter

Jump to solution
06-21-2022 06:47 PM
FrankOuyang
Esri Contributor

Background: I downloaded the building viewer from Github repo and got it working with some modifications.   

I can now add my own building scene layer into it and use the "overview" and "surroundings" sections. But the "Floor by floor" section doesn't work as the floor picker on the right is not responsive, when clicking on different floors. 

FrankOuyang_0-1655861591873.png

My understanding is that inside the config.txs, the FloorsSection code section controls which floor to show, using the floor varaible. This floor variable is then used to query feature layers with the same BldgLevel attribute in the building layer.  This is approacch pretty similar to the building explorer inside the scene viewer. But I don't understand why my building layer is not working here in the building viewer.

Thanks in adavance to anyone who may have some thoughts on this. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FrankOuyang
Esri Contributor

I have solved this issue and it is actually caused by the building layer itself. When the revit model is covered to the feature class dataset, some polyline and point features are also created. The issue of the floor filter is caused by the these non multipatch features. I delete them in the feature class dataset, regenretea the building layer and republish it. The floor filter then works.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ArnoFiva
Esri Contributor

By unresponsive, do you mean the UI is not doing anything or you think the floor variable is set and the BuildingSceneLayer does not update?

Your understanding is correct and I'd like to help, but it is difficult without being able to debug. Would you be able to share the current project and building scene layer with us?

0 Kudos
FrankOuyang
Esri Contributor

Hi @ArnoFiva , thank you for the response.

By unrepsonsive I mean the floor filter is not showing any specifc floor but staying at the slide view (floor by floor slide) of the section. The only change I made to the code is just change the ArcGIS Online organization link and the item ID of my scene having the building layer. So I think there must be something different in my building layer to the Turanga Library example. I open the f12 inspector and found all these error messages with my web scene while no error message is reported with the example:

FrankOuyang_1-1656027071758.png

To simplify the issue, I go further and create a very simple feature dataset with just one feature class called house containg 2 multipacthes. The only attribute inside is just BldgLevel. I then make it as building layer, publish it and view it inside the scene viewer with building explorer and has no issue. 

FrankOuyang_0-1656026350022.png

FrankOuyang_4-1656028695998.png

I then put it inside the building view by updating the item ID in the  config.txs. These are the error message I have.

FrankOuyang_3-1656028633042.png

So I think the problem is there is something specific in the repo that only applies to the library example. And the documentation in the repo has not been very clear on this and how should we prepare our building layer and web secen to make it work. 

Hope all these info helps and I am happy to provide my scene to you, what's the best way?

0 Kudos
FrankOuyang
Esri Contributor

I have solved this issue and it is actually caused by the building layer itself. When the revit model is covered to the feature class dataset, some polyline and point features are also created. The issue of the floor filter is caused by the these non multipatch features. I delete them in the feature class dataset, regenretea the building layer and republish it. The floor filter then works.

ArnoFiva
Esri Contributor

Glad to hear you were able to find the issue. Indeed the Building Viewer makes certain assumptions about the published scene layer. I hope you are able to use the project now for your own data, let me know if you have any further questions!

0 Kudos