Bug: TextSymbol background transparency value can't be set opaque (v4.26)

Jump to solution
03-15-2023 01:21 PM
BryanMc
Occasional Contributor

When setting the textSymbol backgroundColor property with RGBA, the alpha channel will not properly show fully opaque values (alpha = 1) when using RGBA array. The background always has some transparency remaining. Lowering the alpha channel (0.5 or 0.25, etc) does seem to work as expected. 

A codepen example using the current 4.26 version of the API is attached. The alpha is set to 1, but the the map can still be seen behind the label background: TextSymbol Background transparency (codepen.io).

I could be missing something, but thinking this is likely a bug.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bryan -- we've installed a fix for the upcoming release (4.27). You can test it out using the development version of the API by updating the CDN to https://js.arcgis.com/next. Let me know if you are still running into any issues!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @BryanMc  - I cannot reproduce the issue you are describing. I don't see transparency in the codepen you shared, as shown in the image below. If you are seeing something different than the screenshot below, please share some information about your browser / OS / graphics card and we can investigate further. Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 10.54.52 AM.png

0 Kudos
BryanMc
Occasional Contributor

Hi @AnneFitz ,

If I look very closely at your image, I can see some of the "York" text in the New York basemap label behind the textSymbol still. Much easier to see on my png below from the same:

sample.png

I'm using MS Edge 111.0.1661.44 (Official build) 64-bit with Windows 11. Integrated GPU on an 11th Gen Intel Core i7.

AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

I see what you're talking about now - we'll take a look! Thanks for pointing this out. 

0 Kudos
BryanMc
Occasional Contributor

Hi @AnneFitz , I was just wondering if there might be any updates on a fix for this? Thank you so much for the support.

0 Kudos
AnneFitz
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bryan -- we've installed a fix for the upcoming release (4.27). You can test it out using the development version of the API by updating the CDN to https://js.arcgis.com/next. Let me know if you are still running into any issues!

0 Kudos
BryanMc
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Anne. I tested the CDN next and it appears to be working. Looking forward to the rollout fix in 4.27.

0 Kudos