Select to view content in your preferred language

agsjs TOC does not work with feature linked annotation layer

04-07-2016 01:06 PM
YingLin
New Contributor

I am using the agsjs TOC control for my ArcGIS server javascript API project. it works great except that if the dynamiclayer contains feature linked annoation layers, the control is broke. fired up debug shows TOC.js  line 633 "esri.request error callback. Is this error legit?"

Once the annotation layers were removed, the TOC works great. Anyone had the same problem? I don't want to redo all the map services because of this. we have quite a few map service using feature linked annotation layers extensively.

Any help would be appreciated.

this is the link to the TOC, https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=9b6280a6bfb0430f8d1ebc969276b109

update: tried ESRI legend for javascript API, it ignored all feature linked annotation layers by default. Does that mean FL annotation layers not supported at all? however, the custom TOC built in silverlight works though. Anyone out there can help? Thanks very much

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BjornSvensson
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm not too familiar with the "agsjs toc" but it sounds like it needs to check for annotation layers and not assume that they have information that can be used for a legend (which is what the Legend dijit does).  Annotation layers are "special" and don't work as feature layers in general.

0 Kudos