A near me function on JS

Jump to solution
12-02-2022 08:20 AM
KARIMLABIDI
Occasional Contributor

Hello Everybody,

I am newbie on Arcgis JS. I would like create a easy app with just the near me widget. I would like my users write an address and easily see the polygon intersected. I didn't find anything on the near me widget on JS. So , it is possible to implement it on my code or there is an other way more efficient?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyWilkerson
Occasional Contributor III

Sample code links exist in that Search Widget help page link I provided already. And here's another one from the Code Samples. You might also gain some help by typing 'search widget' into the Esri Community search widget.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffreyWilkerson

I'm not sure what you are going to use a 'Near Me' test with an address for. If your users are entering an address, then maybe you should look at the Search Widget (links to examples are on that page). If you want them to select a polygon based on the value of one of it's attributes, maybe you want to look at something like this . And if you want to have them select features based on a user supplied boundary then maybe you want to look at this example.

0 Kudos
KARIMLABIDI
Occasional Contributor

thank you Jeffrey. In fact, I 'm using Near me like that

KARIMLABIDI_0-1670002884464.png

When users enter an address, there is results like on the image. It's faster for user to know which polygon is on the address. 

It think the Search widget will be the better way to do this on JS but do you know if a sample code exists 🙂 ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
JeffreyWilkerson

Sample code links exist in that Search Widget help page link I provided already. And here's another one from the Code Samples. You might also gain some help by typing 'search widget' into the Esri Community search widget.

0 Kudos