Zone Lookup Results showing EVERYTHING

Jump to solution
12-28-2022 06:06 AM
Labels (1)
AustinAverill
New Contributor II

I am currently working on configuring this instant app as a public facing application to allow potential customers to determine whether or not they are within my company's service area. So - I just need the application to take an address query and return a point if it is in the service area, and return no if not in the service area polygon.

The web map for the application contains 4 layers:

1x Polygon Layer for service area

3x Polygon layer of parcels

I have currently configured the search options such that I am using "Features within zone" > "Select a layer to use as a search zone" > Polygon layer for service area. For "Layers to include in results" I have left the selection blank. 

This currently works to display the point when the result is in the service area polygon, and return a message saying its not when it doesn't fall within the polygon. However, when an address is entered that falls within the Polygon layer for service area, the results return all 4001 parcels that appear between the three parcel layers. 

Is there a way to configure the application to not return all of these results?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

In the layers to show in results section try selecting only the layers you want to show up and uncheck the parcel layer. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

In the layers to show in results section try selecting only the layers you want to show up and uncheck the parcel layer. 

0 Kudos
AustinAverill
New Contributor II

When I try this, the search feature does not display if it is in the zone properly.

0 Kudos
AustinAverill
New Contributor II

Correction: After trying this multiple times yesterday it would not work. However, I went to collect photos to share this morning, following the same option setting, it worked as it was supposed to. Not sure what was bugging it up yesterday. Thank you for the reply! 

0 Kudos