Zone Lookup Issues

07-26-2023 01:14 PM
LeviCecil
Regular Contributor

I'm having issues with Zone lookup. When I enter an address in my school finder app, it shows me the elementary school associated with that address, and the middle and high school boundaries as well. The problem I'm having is, when I click on the zoom on the middle and high school boundaries, the map zooms out, but I still only see the elementary school point. I don't see the other schools. I also want users to be able to see ALL the schools and boundaries in the map on search, with the relevant ones highlighted. Right now everything outside the search is hidden. I've toggled off "Hide layers when app loads" and it doesn't seem to have an effect. Is this a bug?   

schoolfinder.PNG

schoolfinder2.PNG

0 Kudos
45 Replies
PaulCone2
Occasional Contributor III

That's great -- looking forward to it.

0 Kudos
PaulCone2

Also the map label for the pin is underneath the layer.  Can you put the label on top?20231012_170739000_iOS.png

0 Kudos
PaulCone2

Also, clicking on the map or using the Find my Current Location both return No Result Found, even on mobile.  ???

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Do you have data in that area? Is your map public? If so can you share the link so we can take a look.  Do you have a custom locator in the app?

0 Kudos
PaulCone2

Yes there is data in that area in our custom locators, and yes it is public -- see my first comment on this thread.

It looks like the problem was with our default geocoder so I changed to another and it works now.  

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

We did make some updates to better handle custom locators so that may also be better in the next release. 

0 Kudos
PaulCone2

We're live with our tool, embedded here...

Portland transition: geographic districts | Portland.gov

I turned off the header to save space but it would be great to be able to reduce the whitespace on the pop-up.

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Can you provide details on the white space you want to reduce?  Depending on what you are looking for you might be able to accomplish it with custom css or a more customized popup. If you can describe in detail what you want it to look like I can take a look. 

0 Kudos
LeviCecil
Regular Contributor

Having layer effects on doesn't change anything. I have to click "clear search location" to see the other schools around the one in the search. Even though I have "Hide layers when app loads" toggled off. Our enrollment office is asking that parents be able to see the schools in the vicinity of their neighborhood school for transfer purposes. I was able to accomplish this with the District Lookup Widget in WAB, but I have to stop using that now. 

Search result:

schoolfinder3.PNG

Search result cleared, other schools become visible:

schoolfinder4.PNG

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
IF your app is public can you share the link and I’ll take a look?
0 Kudos