Zone Lookup Instant App Address Search won't find results outside of current zoom area

Jump to solution
10-27-2022 04:03 PM
LSaunders
New Contributor III

I have a public-facing app made from the Zone Lookup Instant app.  For some reason when someone searches and it zooms to that address, when they put in another address in a different area; the app won't search the whole city, so no results are given. I have confirmed that nothing is set to only search the current area.

LSaunders_0-1666911151709.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Ok I did some testing and its a bug in the lookup app where it applies a search extent in cases it should not. We'll get this fixed in the upcoming release.  In the meantime,  I think you can work around this by defining a navigation boundary for your app.  To do so go to the app configuration and search for Navigation Boundary (or go to Interactivity > Explore Navigate. Enable navigation boundary and then use the configure option to define an extent that includes all of your data.  Save and publish the app and it should then allow multiple searches to work as expected. 

I created a test app here if you'd like to test the behavior to ensure its what you want before enabling the Navigation Boundary setting. 

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=0cf1f6b845164a3a9704ef9f281d46d9

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KellyHutchins

Thanks for reporting the issue. I found your app using a google search and can repro the issue. I'll take a look at the app and see what we can do. 

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Ok I did some testing and its a bug in the lookup app where it applies a search extent in cases it should not. We'll get this fixed in the upcoming release.  In the meantime,  I think you can work around this by defining a navigation boundary for your app.  To do so go to the app configuration and search for Navigation Boundary (or go to Interactivity > Explore Navigate. Enable navigation boundary and then use the configure option to define an extent that includes all of your data.  Save and publish the app and it should then allow multiple searches to work as expected. 

I created a test app here if you'd like to test the behavior to ensure its what you want before enabling the Navigation Boundary setting. 

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=0cf1f6b845164a3a9704ef9f281d46d9

0 Kudos
LSaunders
New Contributor III

Thank you for the quick help Kelly!  This worked great!  

0 Kudos