WebApp configuration not opening

10-29-2017 11:32 PM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

I am not sure if this is an internet connection issue but I tried now several times while everything else seems to work smoothly in AGOL. I am trying to create a Filter Configurable WebApp from a Webmap that is shared in a group inside my company's subscription. When I select the app coming from the share botton in the Webmap I can specify the title, tags etc. and click Done, then it says Creating Web App, starts the configuration screen but then nothing happens. 

I also tried the Compare WebApp and it showed me the configuration panel but not the maps I had selected. 

Fiddler does not seem to find any problem. 

I tried another map and it worked. What could be the issue with my map that it does not want to create an app from it? Is there a problem with the layer(s)? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

Is your web map public? If so can you share the link so we can take a look. If not can you tell me more about the contents of your web map - for example what types of layers? 

0 Kudos
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

I can't share the map publicly but I am happy to invite you to our group...

In my map I have the same point layer referenced 4 times (to display different values at the same time). These are the ones I would like to examine with the filter app. 

Besides I have another point layer, and two polygon layers in the map. #

What other information would be useful?  

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Can you try opening the browser developer tools then reload the configuration panel and send me any errors you might see in the console? 

If you aren't familiar with the browser dev tools here are instructions for opening them in Chrome. 

Chrome DevTools  |  Tools for Web Developers  |  Google Developers 

0 Kudos
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kelly, 

the console does not show anything for the configuration panel. In my geonet tab I receive 

[Violation] Forced reflow while executing JavaScript took 33ms

(repeatedly with more or less ms).

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

This turned out to be a bug in the configuration panel and we'll get it fixed for the next release of ArcGIS Online.