Select to view content in your preferred language

URL Parameter - Attachment Viewer using Object ID

06-03-2024 06:28 AM
Tiff
by
Frequent Contributor

With an existing attachment viewer app, I am looking to automate email notifications and send a link zooming and showing information about a specific feature. A couple weeks ago I saw documentation or resources about using the object ID to create this URL parameter but now I cannot find it. Can Esri staff or any other users provide input on if this is possible? 

I also found another forum post that specifies that using object ID for URL parameter is possible.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JosephRhodes2
Frequent Contributor

Hi, this is possible; here's how:

1. In the app configuration, go to Interactivity -> Share, and toggle on Sharing.

2. Publish then open the app and select any feature by clicking on it.

3. Click the Sharing button, then Copy Link. This copies a shortened link to the clipboard.

3. Paste the link in the address bar and press Enter to load the app. This changes the shortened link to the full link in the address bar. It looks like this: 

https://civiclens-demo.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/attachmentviewer/index.html?appid=bc91f23560d9436fa069f28d980db38c&defaultObjectId=14&attachmentIndex=0&layerFeatureIndex=0&selectedLayerId=190ffe37ae2-layer-4&center=-114.05;46.8919&level=19

4. From my testing, you can just swap out the defaultObjectId value to open the app to the feature of interest. You can also omit the layerFeatureIndex parameter (I'm not sure what it does), but it looks like you need most or all of the others. 

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos