URL Parameters with Attachment Viewer

02-09-2024 02:38 PM
CDunlevy
New Contributor

I am currently trying to create an Experience builder application with an embedded attachment viewer app. 

Now I am currently trying to implement URL parameters to the application, so that an ID field can be passed (Not the Object ID, a separate field) to immediately select a point on the map. 

Now from the documentation, the only URL parameter the attachment viewer can use for identification is object ID, however webmap does support many different fields being passed in the parameters. 

My questions are: 
1. Is there a way to insert a different field for use in attachment viewer to select a point? 

2. Is there a way to gather the objectID using another specified field in the experience builder app and then send that through the embedded app? 

3. Any other ways I could work around this?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Attachment Viewer is an instant app. It's designed as a quick and easy template to view results, photos/attachments. I wouldn't view embedding Experience Builder in Attachment Viewer as a standard workflow.

You will be much better off just building the entire thing in Experience Builder. The List Widget supports showing attachments for features selected in the map.

Tiff
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @CDunlevy, thanks for posing this question. I am now looking into the attachment viewer URL parameter using object ID. I could have sworn I saw documentation about using the object ID but now I cannot find it. Could you send me the documentation link or the correct syntax to use object ID in the URL? Thank you!!!

0 Kudos