Select to view content in your preferred language

Bookmark error since last update in June

4 weeks ago
KaraUtter2
New Contributor III

Ever since the June update, the bookmark options don't work. We are supposed to be able to click to enter an image source and enter a description for our bookmarks and most of the time we can't click into that portion of the settings. If you view the screenshots below, it will not allow me to open the image and description settings at all for 2 bookmarks that I created and when I add a third one (see second screenshot), for some reason I can open up the settings for that one, but I don't need that one. I need to make these changes on my other two bookmarks. This shouldn't be happening.

KaraUtter2_0-1723661807883.png

KaraUtter2_1-1723661826879.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
KaraUtter2
New Contributor III

@Jianxia Hi! I think you are one the most active ExB eperts on this forum so I thought I would tag you. The Bookmark widget can't be configured properly anymore since the June update.

0 Kudos
KaraUtter2
New Contributor III

I teach an Introduction to Experience Builder course, and as an ESRI Partner I bring in ad market the software quite often. I have now taught this course to 30+ students since June who are all getting a very bad impression of the software due to the Bookmark issue. I would have to redesign the entire first portion of this course if the Bookmark issue is not fixed soon. The next time I teach this class is one month from now at a conference in Seaside Oregon. Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue as soon as possible?

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @KaraUtter2

Thanks for your feedback. Yes it is a bug and we are working on to fix it for the November release. 
The reason is that the bookmark name input box blocks the action space of the expansion. Currently a workaround is that to click at the limited space to expand the setting, which is very close to the "map" button (left corner), and out of the name box space. Show as the below image (space as arrow pointed). 

WeiYing1_0-1723702177193.png
Sorry for the inconvenience. Again we will fix it in the November release. 

Thanks,
Wei 

0 Kudos
KaraUtter2
New Contributor III

I'm sorry but no. Your workaround doesn't work consistently. I and my students can click around all day in all the different gray areas on that bar outside of the map and the title and it will NOT open the additional settings most of the time. There is no workaround for this issue so you are basically saying we cannot utilize the bookmark widget at all in any of our applications until after November.

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

We are sorry about that. 
The workaround clickable area is not the entire item gray area, but only as what I mark with red distance.  
Also, you may try have a shorter bookmark name. 

WeiYing1_0-1723770839770.jpeg

Sorry again. But we will have to fix it in next release. And my bad, the next release is scheduled Oct. 23rd 

0 Kudos