Select to view content in your preferred language

"TESTING" Button bug on righthand side of Sidebar Instant Apps

10-31-2023 05:25 AM
Tiff
by
Occasional Contributor III

There is a new button that has appeared on all my Sidebar Instant Apps, where clicking on it enabled the "Edit" widget on the sidebar. The widget shows up even with maps with layers disabled. While it honors view layer settings, this is problematic for our public applications. Can this be resolved?

Tiff_0-1698754998106.png

11 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor
Sorry about that. We’ve got an update ready and it will go out tonight. In the meantime you can hide it in your app by adding the following in the custom CSS section of the app configuration

.esri-ui-top-right{button.esri-component{display:none;}}

0 Kudos
Tiff
by

Thanks, @KellyHutchins! Is that under Theme & Layout -> Theme? I added that line to the CSS section but the "TESTING" button still shows.

KellyHutchins
Yes that’s the section. Did you copy everything including the period at the beginning?
0 Kudos
Tiff
by

Hi @KellyHutchins, yes included everything! Please see below:

Tiff_0-1698763860646.png

KellyHutchins

Ok I just tested again and I think this should work. 

button.esri-component{display:none;}

BuffaloCoWI
Occasional Contributor

That worked, but I'm still wondering how a test like that was deployed on production servers that affect all your customers' apps. What's going on at ESRI that the recent ArcGIS Online update was full of bugs, and now this?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

For anyone who added the workaround you can remove it now the issue is resolved on arcgis.com. You can also leave the workaround in place if you'd rather not configure the app again it won't affect anything. 

0 Kudos
Aymen_Farhat
New Contributor II

Editing widget its not working as well, you draw a polygon and after you click  create nothing happens. will the issues are related ? will it be fixed with tonight updates?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

I just ran a test with an editing app and was able to successfully add polygon features. This is probably a different issue. Can you provide more details? Or if you app is public share the url with me? 

0 Kudos