How to create drop down menu in custom ArcGIS online pop up

05-02-2020 01:01 PM
Nigeria_SWFlying_Labs
New Contributor

I would like to create a drop-down menu of place names with the names linked to a website in ArcGIS online pop-up menu.I have attached a drawing of my thoughts. ArcGIS Online

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm not completely clear, are you just referring to drop down options when editing a feature? Something like this:

If so, you can easily do this by adding coded value domains to the field in your feature layer. Reference this page for the workflow: Define attribute lists and ranges—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
Nigeria_SWFlying_Labs
New Contributor

Hello, Katherine and thanks for your response. I am referring to a drop-down menu in a configured pop up box. When a feature on a web map is clicked, the information pop-up box will have a field with a drop-down menu. In the attached image, for example, the "tag_name" field will be a drop-down menu.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

As far as I know, pop-ups aren't really intended to be interactive like that. What is your intended purpose for the drop-down menu if not for using in edit mode? 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
AmberMichelsGibson
New Contributor

Hi, I followed this workflow, and created a list in the Fields tab of the Data tab for the layer and field that I

AmberMichelsGibson_0-1710352267884.png

wanted to have a drop-down option.

However, when I'm on the map, create a new feature, and go to edit this field, the list of options does not show up. It shows up in the forms tab though, I just can't get it to show up as an option when editing.

AmberMichelsGibson_1-1710352365431.png

0 Kudos
AmberMichelsGibson
New Contributor

Oh no, I realized what I did wrong...I was on the wrong layer that has the same fields, but I haven't updated this one to have a list yet. Sorry!

0 Kudos