How to add additional Cache Level

03-10-2020 03:25 AM
ThinhTran_Cong1
New Contributor

Hi all,

With the Data and Map DVD supplied by ESRI, I have successfully published the World_Street_Map service for offline. The service is working fine however the cache level has only 9 levels. I would like to increase the cache level to level 11.

I have modified the conf.xml and using the ArcCatalog to go to Service Editor -> Caching to increase the cache level. The system did create the folders/files and cache a number of file (bundle, bundlex) under arcgiscache however when broswing to the service, only a gray tile is displayed for the additional level I create.

Could anyone here know the steps to increase the cache level?

Thank you a lot.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Thinh Tran Cong‌,

As per my understanding, the correct workflow would have been using the tools available in ArcMap/ArcGIS Pro:

1. Use Manage Map Server Cache Scales—Help | Documentation Tool to add Scales to existing Cached Map Service.
  2. Use Manage Map Server Cache Tiles—Help | Documentation  Tool to create Cache for the newly created Scale/Scales.

Additionally, at this point I would also recommend running tool mentioned in point 2 above to check if that generates the cache.

Hope it helps!

0 Kudos
ThinhTran_Cong
New Contributor

Hi Archit,

Really thanks for your reply and suggestion. I have tried but still no success. The cache is rebuilt however now all level are show the gray box.

Do you know what is the next step I could do? Thank you again.

Cache Tiles

0 Kudos
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Thinh Tran Cong‌,

Thanks for trying the suggestions. Just to confirm, what happens when you try to load the newly added scale on the ArcGIS REST API or by adding the service to Map Viewer.

Also, try capturing requests made usinf Developer Tool and check the response for those requests, if the tiles fail to load.

Hope it help!

0 Kudos