Geosearch not working in Instant Apps

Jump to solution
02-11-2022 01:36 PM
ShannonPugh
Occasional Contributor

We have several geocoding services set up in our organizational settings. The services come from our on premises ArcGIS Server. For some reason they don't work in some instant apps and they do work in others. Also, they work fine in the web maps. I cannot determine the difference in the apps where they work and the apps where they don't. Any help would be much appreciated. It is greatly diminishing the usefulness of the apps.

0 Kudos
16 Replies
LaurieWilliams
New Contributor III

I got it to work. I deleted the locator and then added it back in. Maximum results somehow ended up at zero, so I moved that up to 6.

Interestingly, it doesn't zoom in as far as it does on a new Instant App that I was testing today. So maybe something got hung up on an update? Anyway, it works now - thanks for your time!

BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @KellyHutchins 

Can you test if your layer search Suggestions work as a "Contains"? I can only get my layer search to return results if I search the start of the string.

Example below, "Mission Bay" will return a bunch of results but we're wanting users to be able to type in "Fanuel" or "Crown Point" and have it suggest those results.

BrittanyBurson_0-1669853681752.png

I have verified it is set to "Contains" in the map item settings:

BrittanyBurson_1-1669853743286.png

Thank you!

of note, my layer is hosted in Enterprise 10.8.1 and shared publicly.

KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

This is due to changes to the search widget behavior at the last release of ArcGIS Online. You can read more about that here: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/mapping/searching-for-features-in-maps-and-a...

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

In the meantime as a workaround if you feel comfortable editing the app data you could use AGO Assistant to remove the invalid field name. 

https://guide.assistant.esri-ps.com/docs/working-with-items

0 Kudos
ShannonPugh
Occasional Contributor

Editing JSON worked beautifully! Thank you so much!!

0 Kudos
ShannonPugh
Occasional Contributor

If a start a new app and use the "Basic" template, the locators seem to work. I'd rather not have to replace since many people have the old link. I will check out the document that you sent me. Thank you Kelly!

0 Kudos
imansbburg
New Contributor III

I'm actually having a similar problem, where my custom locator (hosted from our arcgis server) only will work if I use one of the suggestions that pops up as I'm typing in the search bar. But if I don't use a suggestion and just enter the street name of interest, it returns no results. I'd prefer to not require clicking a suggestion. In other web maps where it's a default available locator, if works the way I like. What in the JSON can I change in AGO Assistant? 

0 Kudos