Select to view content in your preferred language

Temporal filter default values don't refresh when the data source does.

10-12-2022 08:00 AM
SaraHedrick1
Regular Contributor

My data table shows values through 10/5 but the default value of the temporal filter shows only up to 9/26, and went like me select anything further in the future than that either. The fields shown in the table in the image below is the same field used in the temporal filter. I tried refreshing the data in model view and it appears to refresh, but it did not update the default values. The only way I was able to make it update was it delete and re-add the temporal filter. 

I also added a filter to the data table to only show a specific selection of years in this model (e.g. only 2020-2022 instead of 2019-2022). I filtered on the same field used in the temporal field. The temporal filter didn't update to reflect the filtered data. I removed and re-added in this case as well and that resolved the issue.  

SaraHedrick1_0-1665585968834.png

Not really a question, I just wanted to share in case someone else ran into a similar issue. Please let me know if I should post this somewhere else. 

Tags (1)
3 Replies
LauraBecht
Regular Contributor
Just want to note I have run into a similar issue.
-Laura Becht
0 Kudos
Scott_Aulen
Esri Contributor

@SaraHedrick1 @LauraBecht

You're both correct in what you're describing. Currently, Temporal filters work as static defined ranges (or exact dates) and so additional dates will only be picked up if you recreate the filter.

However, we are actively looking into several filter enhancements and this is very much under consideration. I'll note your comments and if you have other specific requests that are related, please add them.

SaraHedrick1
Regular Contributor

Scott, 

Thank you for the reply and taking that into consideration. Another feature that would nice is for the date range options to not be dependent on the dates in my data table. It will default to the first date where there is a corresponding value and the last date in the range where there is a value instead of the allowing me to set the range option. This makes sense as the person building the workbook, but I think it isn't as logically to end users.

For example, my data table is filtered to show 2019-2022. but since my first record isn't until February, the temporal range appears to end users like I'm starting on an arbitrary date.

SaraHedrick1_0-1665605388714.png

0 Kudos