"Something went wrong" error when using a shared model.

01-08-2019 01:25 PM
TannerWride
New Contributor

I've been shared an Insights model but when I go to update the data, it shows that no fields need to be updated, and therefore can not update my models.  Any ideas on what may have happened? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ArchitSrivastava1
New Contributor III

Hello Tanner,

Could you please confirm the following details:

• Are you working with Insights Online or Insights Enterprise.
  • Is the issue specific to just one user or one Shared Model or is it occurring with all the Models/users.
0 Kudos
TannerWride
New Contributor

I am working with Enterprise, and an internalized Portal. 

It is specific to several shared models, but not all models.  All of these models have been shared by the same user. 

0 Kudos
ArchitSrivastava1
New Contributor III

Thanks for answering my queries. Could you trying creating a Model using your user name and trying performing the same workflow as the other models?

Also, the models which are failing do they have different workflows or any one common dataset?

Kind Regards,

Archit

0 Kudos
TannerWride
New Contributor

I will give that a try, the models are somewhat complex, and there are many of them.  It would take a considerable amount of time to reproduce.  I suppose that is how it goes sometimes.  Thank you for your help, I will try that and see what will happen. 

They may have a common dataset.  I will dig deeper.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
ArchitSrivastava1
New Contributor III

Thanks a lot for the response. If the model are complex and causing the issue. I would recommend contacting ESRI support Services and creating a case for further analysis of the cause of this issue. Take a look at doc below:

https://community.esri.com/groups/technical-support/blog/2017/03/28/esri-support-update-using-my-esr... 

Hope it help!

Kind Regards,

Archit