"Select all" from Dropdown Predefined filter?

Jump to solution
11-30-2021 08:00 AM
chelynnes
New Contributor III

Hey, we're looking to use dropdown predefined filters to create a Select all option, to go along with the individual values.

We were using "group" to do this, but it's not allowing us to integrate items without values into this group.
Also, on certain filters, it isn't even allowing us to select all the values to create this group!

Help?

**We do not want to use multi-select for space reasons on the dashboard. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LauraBecht
Occasional Contributor

For example, if i am filtering for country like your example, i would say "Country <> 'm'".  Which would include blank values if they exist.  if you want to exclude all blank/null values add "OR Country <> '' OR Country IS NOT NULL"  I believe a dev told me you can use the null check.  Please correct if i am wrong.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LauraBecht
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

When i am using a drop down filter and need to do the select all option, i use the advanced filter and say something like [group] <> '' or whatever statement selects all values for what you are filtering.

Hope this helps!!

Laura Becht

0 Kudos
chelynnes
New Contributor III

Hmm, this doesn't seem to be working for me at all.

So you're selecting whichever column the data is coming from in the bottom right, then the '<>'?

So....: Country <> for example  ?

0 Kudos
chelynnes
New Contributor III

I have had success in the advanced filter by saying 'Country = Country' as a select all, but this does not work if there's blank fields.

If there's blank fields, even when it's set to  this option as a select all country, it's affecting the number on entries that my dashboard is reading. It's automatically filtering out all the entries that didn't have a country input off the entire dashboard, which is a major issue. 

0 Kudos
LauraBecht
Occasional Contributor

For example, if i am filtering for country like your example, i would say "Country <> 'm'".  Which would include blank values if they exist.  if you want to exclude all blank/null values add "OR Country <> '' OR Country IS NOT NULL"  I believe a dev told me you can use the null check.  Please correct if i am wrong.

LindaBeale
Esri Contributor

Hi @chelynnes 

Just as @LauraBecht suggests, the way to do it is to create an advanced filter and select anything that is not null (e.g. Country <> '').  There is now that option using ISNOTNULL just to make it a little easier.

0 Kudos