Changing the number of decimals in Insights table

Jump to solution
06-24-2019 11:05 AM
IsabelleBeaudin1
New Contributor

In Insights, I am displaying a map with its table on the side. I just want to show the number, no SUM, MIN, MAX or AVG. Is that possible?

I also want to change the number of decimals being displayed. The data type is double. The numbers have from 0 to 3 decimals. How can I make only 1 decimal appear?

Thank you.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LindaBeale
Esri Contributor

It is now possible to hide the row that shows which statistic is being used.  You can use the caret on the header of summary table.

It is not yet possible to change the number of decimal places in the summary table but we are starting to address this type of feature in upcoming releases.  The first place you will see it, is on labels on charts.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LindaBeale
Esri Contributor

It is now possible to hide the row that shows which statistic is being used.  You can use the caret on the header of summary table.

It is not yet possible to change the number of decimal places in the summary table but we are starting to address this type of feature in upcoming releases.  The first place you will see it, is on labels on charts.

0 Kudos
Eric_Castonguay
New Contributor III

I was able to get my table to display 2 decimal places for a column that represented currency with the following steps:

1. View data table and add a new field
  2. Insert the following calculate function:  VALUE( LEFT( <field>, FIND( ".", <field>, 1) + 2))
  3. Use a field, calculated field, or calculation for the <field>

For your example replace the +2 at the end with a +1 to get 1 decimal place (replace with -1 for an 'integer')

NOTE: The table still does not pad with zeros, so 1.10 reads as 1.1

0 Kudos