Change Dataset source in Workbook?

Jump to solution
05-04-2021 11:32 AM
SarahThompson1
New Contributor II

Hello,

Assuming identical feature layers, just different Is there a way to change a data source in ArcGIS Insights and keep all cards? Similar to setting/switching the data source in ArcPro?  I'm not a GIS Administrator but an Analyst. I'm working with the web version - 2020.3 with Portal 10.7

I have a workbook that pulls a single hosted feature layer (spatial features + related table) from our Enterprise Portal. That hosted feature layer was just a duplicate of a feature layer on our sde, but was deleted/erased by failed 'Overwrite Web Layer' in ArcPro. This has broken about 30 cards in my workbook.  

I can easily republish the layer as a Hosted Feature Layer - same names, fields etc. But I'd rather not have to re-build 30 cards if I can just point the data source to a fresh version of the data.

Note - I've created a hosted feature service so that I can use 'create relationships' in Insights

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LauraBecht
Occasional Contributor
Hi Sarah,
The way I update a data source, is I add the updated data to the page, go to the model view, scroll to the dataset you want to update, the click update and choose your update layer.
Laura Becht

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LauraBecht
Occasional Contributor
Hi Sarah,
The way I update a data source, is I add the updated data to the page, go to the model view, scroll to the dataset you want to update, the click update and choose your update layer.
Laura Becht
SarahThompson1
New Contributor II

Thank you so much Laura! You Rock!!

0 Kudos