Select to view content in your preferred language

Thin Indoor Pathways failed script

Jump to solution
04-22-2023 08:20 PM
NoamAharon
New Contributor II

I'm running the thin indoor pathways tool - I've created preliminary pathways and transitions which look fine on the map - but the tool crashes and says its "unable to load the thinning template" and that certain network sources are missing in the output feature dataset (see screenshot). I'm not sure what these errors are referring to, but I have a feeling it may have something to do with me reprojecting the indoor model datasets to new coordinate systems. When adding the reprojected layers to the map it looks fine but when using those layers as inputs in other geoprocessing tools it indicates that the feature layer doesn't exist. The solution to this error could be unrelated, though. I've seen the two other related threads on this forum but the errors were different from mine. Hope y'all can help, thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III

Make sure that you use the latest version of the indoors tools. When I remember correctly,  previous versions had an issue when the prelimTransitions FeatureClass was edited. I think there was an indoors schema change of sorts, that caused the issue. It should be fixed in the latest version.

Additionally, check for special characters 
Solved: Thin Indoor Pathways failed to execute (Invalid ch... - Esri Community

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III

Make sure that you use the latest version of the indoors tools. When I remember correctly,  previous versions had an issue when the prelimTransitions FeatureClass was edited. I think there was an indoors schema change of sorts, that caused the issue. It should be fixed in the latest version.

Additionally, check for special characters 
Solved: Thin Indoor Pathways failed to execute (Invalid ch... - Esri Community

GauravJobanputra
Esri Contributor

Hello @SimonSchütte_ct thank you very much for prompt response!

Hello @NoamAharon glad that your issue got resolved. If possible, pls post a comment on what exactly resolved for the benefit of others who come across this post. Thanks!

0 Kudos
NoamAharon
New Contributor II

I've been using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1 so I'm not sure if the bug was caused by the version of the software. What originally happened is that I made a copy of my indoors feature datasets and reprojected them to a new coordinate system. I noticed the names of the feature classes now had an underscore and 1 at the end so I was wondering if the naming could've been an issue. I deleted the original indoor datasets and changed the names of my new datasets and feature classes back to the original ones. After that point, the tool began to work. The related posts and comment by @SimonSchütte_ct prompted me to restart the software, delete duplicate datasets, and rename the files. 

0 Kudos