Select to view content in your preferred language

Thin Indoor Pathways failed to execute (Invalid characters)

Jump to solution
09-08-2022 01:49 AM
MarkusBellinghoff
New Contributor II

Hello, after the successful generation of PrelimPathways und PrelimTransitions, I tried to thin the pathways with the appropriate tool "Thin Indoor Pathways".

I am always getting the ERROR 000354 (The name contains invalid characters). Until now I could not find any invalid characters in the Feature Classes or field names. I also tried different inputs for the parameter "Routable Locations".

I am using ArcGIS Indoors with ArcGIS Pro 3.0

Any hints would be very welcome!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JasonHine123
New Contributor II
Hi Markus, sorry to hear you're experiencing this. This error can occur when the Levels feature class' NAME_SHORT field values contain characters that are not allowed by the database. Please check the Levels:NAME_SHORT values and if such characters are present, try removing or replacing them with allowable characters; see the table in this section for guidance:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/overview/defining-feature-class-prop...
Kind regards,
Jason

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JasonHine123
New Contributor II
Hi Markus, sorry to hear you're experiencing this. This error can occur when the Levels feature class' NAME_SHORT field values contain characters that are not allowed by the database. Please check the Levels:NAME_SHORT values and if such characters are present, try removing or replacing them with allowable characters; see the table in this section for guidance:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/overview/defining-feature-class-prop...
Kind regards,
Jason
MarkusBellinghoff
New Contributor II

Hi Jason,

thanks for your answer. Your hint regarding the NAME_SHORT field values (in Levels) is the solution for my issue. I had to delete some space characters. Thanks again!

Kind regards,

Markus

0 Kudos