Select to view content in your preferred language

PeopleLayer issue

Jump to solution
04-21-2024 08:17 AM
schulcp
New Contributor II

Is anyone else having issues with the planner or editor app and "Required Layers Missing" error?

Ive setup my indoors db and have no issues with the space viewer application but when trying to create a planner or editor application I get a error that layers are missing. 

In the editor app that gets created but doesn't work I eventually get 2nd error 'Cannor read properties of undefined (reading peopleLayer)'  - There is no reference to "people" layer in the documentation and support seems to think this is the Occupants layer. 

In the planning app that gets created but doesn't work I eventually get a error "f.hostedinfo is undefined". 

Im running Enterprise build (single node) 11.2 fully patched. 

Im using ArcGIS pro 3.2

I get these errors with my data and with Esri demo data from Esri Training. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
schulcp
New Contributor II

Several things had to be done in order to get this working. Ill give an outline here. 

* Esi indoors training doesn't cover the editor app that is available with enterprise 11.2 so you can't follow it exactly but hopefully this outline will provide some help. 

* With 2020 hindsight the documentation for does touch on the items outlined here but I found it to be confusing, and maybe incomplete. 

1) Share a versioned SDE connection.

* Publish using the indoors schema from Esri training fundamentals. I'm not sure what tables are needed but not created by the create indoors database geoprocessing tool but the only way I got past the people layer issue is to include the entire training data set.  

2) Update indoors template in ArcgisPro to use the SDE connection and share as a "web layer"

* Download indoors templates for use in indoors from the Esri site. The Esri training for indoors will show you how to use. 

3) Update indoors template in ArcGIS Pro to use the newly published "web layer" and share again as a "web map" 

4) use the shared "web map" to create the indoors application. 

* Again, the Esri training will cover this. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SophieFrank
Esri Contributor

Hi @schulcp, could you confirm that you have your Occupants, Units, Areas, and Area Roles tables published as a branch versioned feature service and present in the web map you are using to configure the app? This is a requirement for Space Planner on Enterprise and could be the cause of your error and would explain why you aren't encountering any errors when creating an Indoor Viewer app.

Note that Floor Plan Editor also requires branch versioning but on a different subset of layers. Here's the documentation on that.

0 Kudos
schulcp
New Contributor II

Yes. All the layers are included (see attached) and shared a hosted feature layer and versioned. 

0 Kudos
SophieFrank
Esri Contributor

@schulcp Based on your screen shot and your comment, the layers are shared as Hosted feature layers. For Space Planner on Enterprise, you need to share a branch versioned feature service. This entails publishing data from an enterprise geodatabase using Reference Registered options and enabling versioning on the feature service rather than Copy All options (which create a hosted feature layer). Here is some step-by-step documentation on sharing branch versioned feature services, in addition to the Indoors specific configuration map configuration linked previously.

0 Kudos
schulcp
New Contributor II

Several things had to be done in order to get this working. Ill give an outline here. 

* Esi indoors training doesn't cover the editor app that is available with enterprise 11.2 so you can't follow it exactly but hopefully this outline will provide some help. 

* With 2020 hindsight the documentation for does touch on the items outlined here but I found it to be confusing, and maybe incomplete. 

1) Share a versioned SDE connection.

* Publish using the indoors schema from Esri training fundamentals. I'm not sure what tables are needed but not created by the create indoors database geoprocessing tool but the only way I got past the people layer issue is to include the entire training data set.  

2) Update indoors template in ArcgisPro to use the SDE connection and share as a "web layer"

* Download indoors templates for use in indoors from the Esri site. The Esri training for indoors will show you how to use. 

3) Update indoors template in ArcGIS Pro to use the newly published "web layer" and share again as a "web map" 

4) use the shared "web map" to create the indoors application. 

* Again, the Esri training will cover this. 

0 Kudos