Select to view content in your preferred language

ERROR WHEN TRAINING DEEP MODEL

09-21-2022 06:04 PM
Labels (1)
AthuleSali
New Contributor II

Hello everyone...

I'm new in arcgis pro and am trying to create a deep learning model so now im stuck in training the model and im getting this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx\TrainDeepLearningModel.tool\tool.script.execute.py", line 308, in execute
data_bunch = prepare_data(in_folders, working_dir=out_folder, **prepare_data_kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3-clone-Athu_DL\Lib\site-packages\arcgis\learn\_data.py", line 1440, in prepare_data
raise Exception(
Exception: Could not infer dataset type. Please specify a supported dataset type or ensure that the path contains valid esri files

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx\TrainDeepLearningModel.tool\tool.script.execute.py", line 390, in <module>
execute()
File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx\TrainDeepLearningModel.tool\tool.script.execute.py", line 384, in execute
del data_bunch
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'data_bunch' referenced before assignment

Failed script (null)...
Failed to execute (TrainDeepLearningModel).

0 Kudos
17 Replies
FirdevsGuzel
New Contributor

My failed message 

File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx\TrainDeepLearningModel.tool\tool.script.execute.py", line 308, in execute
data_bunch = prepare_data(in_folders, working_dir=out_folder, **prepare_data_kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\Python\envs\arcgispro-py3\lib\site-packages\arcgis\learn\_data.py", line 1440, in prepare_data
raise Exception(
Exception: Could not infer dataset type. Please specify a supported dataset type or ensure that the path contains valid esri files

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx\TrainDeepLearningModel.tool\tool.script.execute.py", line 390, in <module>
execute()
File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\toolboxes\Image Analyst Tools.tbx\TrainDeepLearningModel.tool\tool.script.execute.py", line 384, in execute
del data_bunch
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'data_bunch' referenced before assignment

0 Kudos
GBacon
by
Occasional Contributor

I'm having the same issue in Pro v3.2.2. There are tiffs in my \images folder and xml files in my \undefined\labels folder. I've tried running the tool with/without the labels folder. Without the labels folder, I get this error, making me think it needs the labels folder. 

GBacon_2-1712687296074.png

However, when I try to include my labels folder, I get the error below even though the exported training files used RCNN masks for the metadata format.

GBacon_1-1712687109796.png

@PavanYadav I appreciate any assistance you can offer.

0 Kudos
PavanYadav
Esri Contributor

hello @GBacon sorry that I missed to see your message.

In the Train Deep Learning Model tool, you need to input the entire folder that is created by the Export Training Data For Deep Learning tool

Pavan Yadav
Product Engineer at Esri
AI for Imagery
Connect with me on LinkedIn!
Contact Esri Support Services
GBacon
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Pavan. I'm all set now and I have a trained model. 

0 Kudos
AthuleSali
New Contributor II

@PavanYadav can you assist things I can do to get the accurate model? I have have been developing the Unet models since last week and my F1, Precision and Recall are so low. See the attached.

0 Kudos
PavanYadav
Esri Contributor

Hello @AthuleSali 
Not sure if you have already considered the following but there are some general considerations to improve a deep learning model:

1. Utilize the max potential of your training data by using a max possible numbers of epochs (e.g. 100 or 500) and use the STOP_TRAININGEarly parameter. The model training will stop when the model is no longer improving, regardless of the max_epochs parameter value specified. This is the default. Let's say you entered 500 epochs but the tool does not find the loss decreasing after 75th epoch so it will stop. Now, here if you are still not satisfied with the quality, please consider following. 

2. Improve the model by adding more training data in terms of both variety and number of samples. 

3. You can consider changing the training and validation ratio, by default the tool uses 10% of data for validation. You may consider making this to 20%, in case the model is overfitting on the training data. 

4. Each classes of sample should have enough samples. 

The Train Deep Learning tool does have addition functionalities like data augmentation (randomly rotating, zooming) to create variety.  There are other hyperparameters that you can experiment like Learning rate, but I will first try out the above. 

Pavan Yadav
Product Engineer at Esri
AI for Imagery
Connect with me on LinkedIn!
Contact Esri Support Services
0 Kudos
JoabelBarbieri
Occasional Contributor II

Getting these errors left and right. It seems the deep learning tools in Pro weren't refined and debugged enough before being released. It's disappointing. 

0 Kudos
FirdevsGuzel
New Contributor

thank you. I will try. 

Have a nice day. 

0 Kudos