Full screen widget

01-15-2020 02:46 AM
AdamShutz
New Contributor II

Hi, 

I have embedded a video in an iframe, on a hub page. 

The video is playing fine, but the full screen button does not work. 

Is there anyway to enable to this button?

Site to review: https://www.smartsouthend.org/pages/demonstration 

Thanks for any help

Tags (2)
5 Replies
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Hi Adam Shutz‌ -- we don't have control over an embedded players controls when iframed into a site/page.  Just a heads up as well, there seems to be a large difference in how that video's player renders across browsers with no full-screen option in Firefox and the inability to play the video in Safari (even when going directly to the iframe's source).

0 Kudos
AdamShutz
New Contributor II

Hi, 

Yes i have noticed they video is too large, and will scale this down slightly in the back end. 

I will check the other browsers for compatiability as well. 

It looks like it may be due to a lack of customisation in the iframe object, searching google leads me to believe that it can be configured in a custom iframe, but I cant seem to placed an iframe in a Hub page. 

My instict says I can do this via a text box, with custom HTML, much like how the Cards are created.

This works in editing mode, but when I exit editing, it dissappears. 

Example: ArcGIS Hub  - there is a text box below the statistic box's - not sure if you can view a non-public page tho. 

0 Kudos
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Adam Shutz‌ our iframes are pretty vanilla, essentially just displaying content on the other side of the URL.  We'll consider more customization configurations in the iframe card in the future.

You are correct, I cannot view a non-public site/page.  Feel free to send me your implementation directly and we can see what might be going on.  brollison@esri.com

0 Kudos
JeffMcCartney
New Contributor

I found that just by adding the  'allowfullscreen' attribute to the iframe tag it will work. Mileage may vary by browser, of course.

0 Kudos
EricWagner4
New Contributor

Hi Jeff, can you shared the iframe code that you used to get full screen to work? I'm trying this and keep running into issues. I tried allowfullscreen="True" and just adding allowfullscreen

Also what browser are you using?

Thanks!

0 Kudos