Error: ITEM_ERROR_INVALID_TOKEN

Jump to solution
07-13-2015 01:46 PM
ShaunConway
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Everyone,

We have our Open Data Portal site up and running. Some of the items listed in the Data Report have the following error message:

Error: ITEM_ERROR_INVALID_TOKEN

Yet ... the data most often downloads without issue.

Our Open Data Portal is pulling data from about 10 services all running on our pubic facing ArcGIS Server. I cannot find any specifics on this error and have not been able to resolve it by

• Starting/Stopping Service
  • Republishing Service
  • Recreating Item in ArcGIS Online designation Open Data group

What is confusing is that all of the items from a service will have this error, yet another service with the exact same settings (just different data) will not display this error.

I have checked the rest endpoint of the data without any issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Shaun,

With your datasets working just fine, I would just ignore this for now. I've taken a look and I expect these errors to disappear after our next release, which is coming up shortly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
DanielFenton1

Shaun,

Can you share some of the items that are having issues please?

0 Kudos
ShaunConway

Daniel - Thanks for the quick reply.

Here is our site: Home | City of Lynchburg Open Data

Some of the layers that I am seeing this error on (there are a lot, but I'll only list a few):

- Zoning - Dataset | City of Lynchburg Open Data

- Back of Curb - Dataset | City of Lynchburg Open Data

- Enterprise Zones - Dataset | City of Lynchburg Open Data

Here is the rest endpoint for the services we use to publish this data:

Folder: OpenData

Here is our ArcGIS Online Open Data Group:

http://cityoflynchburg.maps.arcgis.com/home/group.html?id=c75c9bc76a534d52bfe46fb28f27572d

Thanks Daniel,
Shaun

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Shaun,

With your datasets working just fine, I would just ignore this for now. I've taken a look and I expect these errors to disappear after our next release, which is coming up shortly.

0 Kudos
ShaunConway

Thanks Daniel.

Can you please take a look at our Structures download(Dataset | City of Lynchburg Open Data )? This one was just reported to us by a user as not downloading properly. I've tried the "Reset dataset and downloads" option in the Data Report section of the Open Data Portal management page. It just spins and never finishes the update.

This is also happening with our Parking Areas download. (Dataset | City of Lynchburg Open Data )

We are looking forward to the new updates! This site has saved us an great deal of time in handling data requests and streamlining our data download process.

0 Kudos
ShaunConway

Daniel,

These error messages did in fact go way after the latest update to the Open Data Portal.

Shaun

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

Ok Shaun, I've brought these into our QA environment and am taking a look. I'll let you know when there's progress.

0 Kudos
ShaunConway

You all are awesome. Thanks!

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

We use statistics to figure out how to page through all the data in your service. On your services, that is broken.

Here's an example: http://mapviewer.lynchburgva.gov/ArcGIS/rest/services/OpenData/Planimetric/MapServer/2/query?f=json&...

This endpoint says that the minimum object id is 3276791.

However, when I visit this endpoint, I see that the actual minimum id is: 3309296

Query: Structures (ID: 2)

Because the stats report the object id is so much lower than the actual minimum, it looks like there are no features. This is not something we can work around. Your only recourse here is to take this information to support and see if they can help you fix these errors.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Daniel

0 Kudos
ShaunConway

Daniel,

Thanks for the reply. This got me thinking and after poking around a little, I believe this issue is being caused by representations. Any feature class we have that has representations fails to download on the open data portal.

Any advice or do I still need to go through support?

Thanks again for your quick reply and assistance.

Shaun

0 Kudos