Select to view content in your preferred language

Embedded app not working in Firefox

08-05-2022 06:58 PM
Leigh_Brooks
New Contributor II

I have an embedded instant app (basic) to show a park location map on my hub site. When I test the site by logging out, Firefox won't draw the map and gives a message "Firefox Can't Open This Page." When I click to learn more, it says "Website will not allow Firefox to display the page if another site has embedded it". Here is  link to the Firefox error page. Any ideas how to get the map to draw?

Leigh_Brooks_0-1659750718767.png

As a temporary solution, I snipped the map and added it as an image in place of the app with a link to the app. However when tested, clicking on the map image takes me to a sign in page. The app is public. How can I keep the sign in window from coming up?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Waffle_House
Occasional Contributor II

Any errors in dev tools console?

0 Kudos
Leigh_Brooks
New Contributor II

I don't know. I'm not a developer.

0 Kudos
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

@Leigh_Brooks - applications across the web can set whether they allow themselves to be embedded on other domains. Websites may disallow this for perceived security concerns, such as nefarious actors embedding your site and stealing personally identifiable information or wrapping your content around ads (you cannot embed nbc.com for example). It may be the case the application you are using disallows embedding on other domains, please check with Esri Support Services (if an ArcGIS application) or your application's provider for more details.

0 Kudos