Duplicate OpenData Data from one ArcGIS Online Item

Jump to solution
10-29-2015 07:49 AM
deleted-user-Bkz8cHvtt5bs
New Contributor III

I've been finding that some of my ArcGIS online items that have been shared with the OpenData group have been listed multiple times as datasets in my OpenData site, making it somewhat confusing.  To make it even more confusing, even though they are supposed to be the same data, have the same abstract and metadata information, and are referencing the same ArcGIS Online item, they are pointing at different layers within the same rest endpoint.  I've tried to reset the open data site's index and refresh those datasets' specific item in the OpenData Data Manager interface, but to no avail.  What should I do to remedy the situation?

Datasets:

CORRECT "Unified Florida Reef Tract Map" record:

http://geodata.myfwc.com/datasets/6090f952e3ee4945b53979f18d5ac3a5_9_

INCORRECT "Unified Florida Reef Tract Map" record:

http://geodata.myfwc.com/datasets/6090f952e3ee4945b53979f18d5ac3a5_3_

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
39 Replies
HelenJohnson
New Contributor III

It is. Thank you

Helen Johnson

GIS Technician III

City of Oxnard

Office: (805) 385-7885

Mobile: (805) 754-4342

0 Kudos
NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I am having the same issue. One of my layer is duplicated. I tried to remove the layer (names Parks) from my AGO content, but it still shows up in the open data site. I then re-added that layer and named it differently (Parks & Rec), and now both layers show up, and point to the same source. The original layer 'Parks' is not registered with AGO, and it's also seems to be missing some data, which is odd since it points to the same exact service? 

Omaha/Douglas County - Open Data Portal 

Original layer - named 'Parks'

New layer - named 'Parks & Rec'

Layer

Layer: Parks (ID: 0) 

Thanks,

Nataliya

0 Kudos
gisadminCPG
New Contributor II

I'm having the same issue.  Here's what happened to create the duplicates

The MXD to publish this layer contains about 10 layers related to Roads and Traffic Infrastructure.  Here is the REST Service,( https://services2.arcgis.com/CnkB6jCzAsyli34z/ArcGIS/rest/services/OpenData_RoadTraffic/FeatureServe...  )   Someone changed the layers within the MXD, I can't figure out what they did but its been modified.  A couple of the LayerID's in the mxd have now changed since this service was originally published.  Upon finding the issue my first step was to simply modify the Service URL to reflect the new LayerID.  What I did was within AGOL in my organiztion I went to the Settings tab of the Layer and modified the Data Source URL at the bottom of the page to reflect the new REST Service layerID.  I modified it from this;  https://services2.arcgis.com/CnkB6jCzAsyli34z/ArcGIS/rest/services/OpenData_RoadTraffic/FeatureServe...

To this:  https://services2.arcgis.com/CnkB6jCzAsyli34z/ArcGIS/rest/services/OpenData_RoadTraffic/FeatureServe... 

because this is what its now referenced in the REST Service because someone did some changes within the MXD and the "Allow assignment of unique numeric IDs for map service publishing" is checked.  Maybe someone put in some layers and then took some out.  But the numbering has changed sine the initial publishing of the MXD.  

BTW, I use the term "someone" because I'm not willing to take the blame, even though 99% sure it was me.

AS soon as I modified the Data Source URL in the Settings tab the duplicate items showed up in our Open Data Site/AGOL listing.  Using the Update Index, Update Item Index doesn't appear to have any impact on the duplicates in the item list.

Can you please delete the duplicate items I've listed below:

Bridges 

Civic Address Points 

0 Kudos
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

Hi gisadmin CPG‌ - the duplicate datasets listed have been dropped from your site.

0 Kudos
gisadminCPG
New Contributor II

Hi Brian

Thanks for helping me clean up the ghosts.  I did find another issue and was wondering if you could work your magic again today?

I have another one if you're able to assist again?  

Multi Family Housing Incentive 

Thanks,

Craig

0 Kudos
BrianRollison
Esri Contributor

gisadmin CPG‌ - magic worked, your ghost is gone 🙂

0 Kudos
gisadminCPG
New Contributor II

Hi Brian,

We seem to still be having an issue with the Multi Family Housing Incentive dataset.  There is still a duplicate dataset that needs to be deleted.  Could you please delete this ghost dataset: 

Multi Family Housing Incentive

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Hi Laura,

I don't believe this is a ghost item. On our end that dataset references a different item, but the slug multi-family-housing-incentive-1 points to the sublayer 6 that has the title 'Multi Family Housing Initiative'. If you think this is a mistake I would recommend you republish that dataset and Hub's index should delete and replace the existing item.

0 Kudos
gisadminCPG
New Contributor II

Hi Thomas,

Yes, I had noticed this dataset was not referencing the correct information and was different than the other ghost datasets. I will try your suggestion to remove it that way.  Thanks for your help

Laura

0 Kudos