Duplicate OpenData Data from one ArcGIS Online Item

Jump to solution
10-29-2015 07:49 AM
deleted-user-Bkz8cHvtt5bs
New Contributor III

I've been finding that some of my ArcGIS online items that have been shared with the OpenData group have been listed multiple times as datasets in my OpenData site, making it somewhat confusing.  To make it even more confusing, even though they are supposed to be the same data, have the same abstract and metadata information, and are referencing the same ArcGIS Online item, they are pointing at different layers within the same rest endpoint.  I've tried to reset the open data site's index and refresh those datasets' specific item in the OpenData Data Manager interface, but to no avail.  What should I do to remedy the situation?

Datasets:

CORRECT "Unified Florida Reef Tract Map" record:

http://geodata.myfwc.com/datasets/6090f952e3ee4945b53979f18d5ac3a5_9_

INCORRECT "Unified Florida Reef Tract Map" record:

http://geodata.myfwc.com/datasets/6090f952e3ee4945b53979f18d5ac3a5_3_

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Chris,

Did you by chance change the service URL on the ArcGIS Online items? There is a known bug right now that will create a duplicate dataset in open data.

If not that, are there any other actions you have taken that you can think of?

If you provide a list of the incorrect datasets on your site we can delete them on our end.

Thanks,

Courtney

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
39 Replies
C_EHoward

are your sublayers entered as separate content items on AGOL? When I needed to have different metadata and details for each layer of a service, I had to create separate items in AGOL with the layer ID as part of the REST URL-- that was the only way to get different details. otherwise, each layer would show up with the map service name and description. Not sure if this situation applies to you  or if you accounted for this already, but thought I would mention it.

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion, but our items are all individual layers within the services.  We are not adding the complete rest service as AGO items.    I have no idea where the

INCORRECT "Unified Florida Reef Tract Map" record:

http://geodata.myfwc.com/datasets/6090f952e3ee4945b53979f18d5ac3a5_3_

even came from.  We don't have an AGO item that references the layer number 3 in that REST service, but there's a record on OpenData for it...

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Hi Chris,

Did you by chance change the service URL on the ArcGIS Online items? There is a known bug right now that will create a duplicate dataset in open data.

If not that, are there any other actions you have taken that you can think of?

If you provide a list of the incorrect datasets on your site we can delete them on our end.

Thanks,

Courtney

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Hi Courtney,

I can't think of any actions that I've done for this item recently.  The site has been pretty stable, but this was reported to me yesterday.  So far the one listed above as INCORRECT is the only one so far that should be deleted.  I'll peruse the site and see if i can find any more.

thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Hi Chris,

The dataset is gone! Poof! Let us know if there are any others.

Courtney

MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings Courtney,  we have a customer who is suffering from the same issue.  Do you know if this has been fixed in the latest version of Open Data?  

In order to delete the duplicates, is this something that still needs to be done by Esri Inc?

Many thanks in advance.

Miguel
0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Hi Miguel, 

Yes, please post or email me the URLs of the datasets to be deleted. Any information on the steps they took before the ghost datasets persisted would be very helpful as well. 

Courtney 

AdrienLepoutre
New Contributor III

Hi Courtney,

I am also experiencing some issues where two items get duplicated on my Open Data site.

Would it possible to delete these two items if you have the chance?

Survey - Unrecorded 

Survey Monuments 

As far as the steps that might have been taken to create this issue, I suspect there was a round of deletion and the content was not unshared before doing so...That being said, I can't guarantee it.

Thank you!

Adrien

0 Kudos
Chula_VistaGIS
New Contributor III

Hi, saw your response to Chris Boland concerning duplicate opendata datasets and we too are a victim of this bug.  In the process of updating our data, the rest endpoint reshuffled the layers ending up with different numbers.  In my attempts to fix our OpenData site, I created a new data group, removed the old one, and added the new one in its place.  The end result of course is we now have duplicates for a number of our layers, one layer points to the wrong endpoint while the other one points to the correct one.  I'm guessing this bug has not been fixed, so I'm hoping you can perform the same task like with Chris where you deleted the erroneous data on your end.  Let me know if this is possible, thanks.

0 Kudos