Select to view content in your preferred language

Duplicate OpenData Data from one ArcGIS Online Item

Jump to solution
10-29-2015 07:49 AM
deleted-user-Bkz8cHvtt5bs
New Contributor III

I've been finding that some of my ArcGIS online items that have been shared with the OpenData group have been listed multiple times as datasets in my OpenData site, making it somewhat confusing.  To make it even more confusing, even though they are supposed to be the same data, have the same abstract and metadata information, and are referencing the same ArcGIS Online item, they are pointing at different layers within the same rest endpoint.  I've tried to reset the open data site's index and refresh those datasets' specific item in the OpenData Data Manager interface, but to no avail.  What should I do to remedy the situation?

Datasets:

CORRECT "Unified Florida Reef Tract Map" record:

http://geodata.myfwc.com/datasets/6090f952e3ee4945b53979f18d5ac3a5_9_

INCORRECT "Unified Florida Reef Tract Map" record:

http://geodata.myfwc.com/datasets/6090f952e3ee4945b53979f18d5ac3a5_3_

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
39 Replies
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Bob,

Apologies for the issue you are experiencing. Would you please provide the URLs for the datasets that need to be deleted? We'll remove them.

Thank you,

Courtney

0 Kudos
Chula_VistaGIS
New Contributor III

Thanks, I will go ahead and compile my list and forward you that information as soon as I can.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Bob,

We've deleted the datasets. Please let us know if you experience any other issues.

Courtney

0 Kudos
HelenaMcMullen
New Contributor II

Hello, I realize the last post on this thread is from 2017 but we recently noticed duplicate datasets on our Open Data site as well, just as Bob at Chula Vista GIS described.

Courtney, Can I also send you a list of the URLs that need to be deleted?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Helena,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with duplicate items. Go ahead and paste the URLs and I can take it from there.

Best,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Chula_VistaGIS
New Contributor III

Patrick,

So is this still the case, we have to send you the list of each url for all the layers that are duplicated?  I updated the urls in AGOL so I now I will have maybe 40 odd datasets that are duplicated.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chula Vista,

Sorry this is happening again. I've gone ahead and removed the duplicates from the index, but we are also investigating what regressed in the indexing logic since we updated to the new system earlier in the year. If this happens again let us know.

Best,

Patrick

0 Kudos
HelenJohnson
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am having this problem too. Can you delete this item:

http://data-oxnard.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/321154666cc04583a7f9daf4a2ca6a3e_1 

Thank you

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Helen,

The duplicate item should now be dropped from your site.

Thanks,
Patrick

0 Kudos