ArcGIS HUB - Share Link

Jump to solution
03-24-2020 07:23 AM
BenjaminMittler1
New Contributor II

Hi all, 

Does anyone know how to control the image associated with a shared Hub Link? When i post my hub on social media the thumbnail shown is just a grey link image.

I had previously though that the link image for all application was set from the thumbnail on the application page. 

Thanks, 

Ben

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It should use the logo of the site. We are working on an issue where it's not displaying correctly

View solution in original post

13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It should use the logo of the site. We are working on an issue where it's not displaying correctly

BenjaminMittler1
New Contributor II

Thanks for the quick response. Glad to know i'm not going crazy. 

0 Kudos
BenjaminMittler
Occasional Contributor III

When you say logo of the site, do you mean the logo that is set in the header on the hub? Or were you referring to the thumbnail set for the Hub?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

the header

0 Kudos
BenjaminMittler
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks, is there a timeline for when it will be fixed?

MattSund
New Contributor III

I also have this question, wondering if there is an update?

Sharing on windows and linked in shows as blank

Sharing on android shows a really closeup of the logo.

Any chance we can make it customisable?

0 Kudos
ThomasHervey1
Esri Contributor

Hi,

We're currently working on updating the fallback pattern for images displayed on sharing links. Currently, the pattern for all content is to use the item.thumbnail property, which can be set on ArcGIS Online (and within Hub's metadata editor for individual content items). If there isn't a thumbnail set, then the Hub site's header logo and then the org's logo will be used. I suggest that you check Hub's changelog because this update should be out in a few weeks. If you're sill seeing issues then please feel free to reach out. We don't have immediate plans to customize the logo, but this is a good idea and I'll discuss it with the team.

0 Kudos
MattSund
New Contributor III

Hi Thomas, thanks for your reply

I still can't work it out!

I've set an image thumbnail in ArcGIS online on the item page. I cant see a metadata item here on the AGOL item for thumbnail.

When I check ArcGIS online assistant there is a line with thumbnail with the correct url to the thumbnail.

In Hubs metadata editor I can see all my items but I cant see the Site/Pages.

Also - looks like the arcgis URL for the site uses my header logo but the custom domain version doesnt load any image.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You should apply the logo in your site's header / branding section:

0 Kudos