Field Enrichers Stop Working

08-22-2013 07:30 AM
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III
I have a GEP service that uses a few Field Enrichers.  Those Field enrichers consistently "turn off" after midnight local time.  I see the results in my CSV output.  That output is set to roll over daily to a new file.

Before midnight, the Message Definition field in the CSV output file is showing the message def name of the last field enricher, and I am getting all fields.  After midnight, and the creation of a new daily CSV, the Message Definition field is now showing the name of the original message def and the file does not contain the data from the file enrichers.

I took a few shots of the process....

The Service:[ATTACH=CONFIG]26880[/ATTACH]

The input is a simple "Receive text from a TCP socket."

The next step is a field calculator.  Since my feed's time data is not properly ISO 8601 tagged as UTC (Z), I must convert it to local time so that GEP can properly process it:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26881[/ATTACH]

The first Field Enricher is simply adding additional (semi-static) attributes from a CSV file:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26882[/ATTACH]

The second Field Enricher is converting a coded value to a human-understood name.  These do change often over the life of the track:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]26883[/ATTACH]

Looking at the Service picture, after the Field Enrichers - from top to bottom:

1. A specific vehicle's track (filter for one specific IP) is being captured and dumped into a CSV file and rolled over daily (AVL-GoldExp-CSV).

2. The enriched feed with no filters is dumped into a CSV file and rolled over daily (out_EnrichSRND_csv)

3. The enriched feed with no filters is dumped into an "Update a Feature" output with max feature age of 1 min.

4. When a vehicle passes within 200m of one of our radio system's tower sites:[ATTACH=CONFIG]26884[/ATTACH]

• It is tagged with the name of the tower with a GeoTagger:  (sorry, I ran out of pictures that I could add)

• ...and dumped into an "Update a Feature" output, with max feature age of 10 min. (AVL-SiteProx100-FS-out)

• ...and dumped into a CSV file that is rolled over daily. (AVL_SiteProx_file-out)

[/HR]Please forgive the naming conventions.  A lot of the elements are remaining from the initial attempt at getting this all working - two versions of the Beta ago.

I am wondering if the CSV file rollover has anything to do with the problems.  Anyone have any ideas or similar experiences?

Thanks,
--Adam
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: arepsher

So - No one has this issue...

This is still occurring every night just after midninght.

The logfile shows one oddity at midnight:
com.esri.ges.transport.featureService.FeatureServiceOutboundTransport

Error encountered in updating features.    java.io.IOException: {"error":{"code":500,"message":"Error performing update features operation","details":[]}}
blah, blah, blah......

But surrounding that message are the usual, every 2 to 5 minute reoccuring warnings:

com.esri.ges.transport.featureService.FeatureServiceOutboundTransport

Error encountered in updating features.    java.io.IOException: {"error":{"code":400,"message":"Unable to complete operation.","details":["Operation rolled back."]}}

It appears to me that these have nothing to do this Field Enricher issue, and more to do with updating features in feature services.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,
--Adam
0 Kudos