Azure Event Hub connector issue

Jump to solution
05-26-2020 03:43 PM
Esriguy
New Contributor III

Hi Esri Geoevent team

Using code Azure for geoevent - we compiled JAR files and hosted in ArcGIS Geoevent 10.6.0 . Adaptors were working fine as expected. All of sudden , one fine day , geo-event went rogue, we have admin reset the geoevent with Esri support, this caused adapter to disappear .  I deleted /geoevent/data contents and also deleted jar from /deploy and uploaded again , but still adapter not appearing. This is kind of magic. if someone can shed some light on this, would be helpful. I read geoevent SDK PDF and try to understand custom connector dependency but still no help.

Thanks in advance

RJ Sunderman‌ _ Please help me on this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hi Esri guy‌,

can you provide some more information to this issue? Some logfiles from the moment you add the custom component would be very helpful.

For the moment just some information that might be helpful. When deleting the content of the data folder, the GeoEvent must be stopped. When removing the JAR Files / custom components from the deploy folder the GeoEvent should not be stopped. Did you deploy the custom components by uploading them in the GeoEvent Manager? I prefer to copy them into the deploy folder. If I want to upgrade a already existing JAR, always delete the existing one first and then copy the new JAR into the deploy folder.

To provide useful logs you could:

•  remove the custom components from deploy
  •  stop GeoEvent
  •  clear the data folder
  •  start GeoEvent
  •  check if GeoEvent started properly 
  •  deploy the components
  •  check the log file (you could also clean the logfile before deploying)

Best,

Stefan

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Esriguy
New Contributor III

@jdelgadillo-esristaff  - Javier, for your attention , please 

0 Kudos
Stefan_Jung
Esri Contributor

Hi Esri guy‌,

can you provide some more information to this issue? Some logfiles from the moment you add the custom component would be very helpful.

For the moment just some information that might be helpful. When deleting the content of the data folder, the GeoEvent must be stopped. When removing the JAR Files / custom components from the deploy folder the GeoEvent should not be stopped. Did you deploy the custom components by uploading them in the GeoEvent Manager? I prefer to copy them into the deploy folder. If I want to upgrade a already existing JAR, always delete the existing one first and then copy the new JAR into the deploy folder.

To provide useful logs you could:

•  remove the custom components from deploy
  •  stop GeoEvent
  •  clear the data folder
  •  start GeoEvent
  •  check if GeoEvent started properly 
  •  deploy the components
  •  check the log file (you could also clean the logfile before deploying)

Best,

Stefan

Esriguy
New Contributor III

@stefan.jungesri-de-esridist - Thank you . Below are steps helped. First take a back up of Geoevent configuration. 

• remove the custom components from deploy folder
  • Stop GeoEvent
  • clear the data folder
  • start GeoEvent ----- (Had to perform admin reset – No service issue came up - checked platform sync services )
  • check if GeoEvent started properly
  • Copy Jar files directly to Deploy folder.

Regards

Esri Guy

0 Kudos