Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS for Teams Viewer Tab Flickering

Jump to solution
08-30-2023 11:21 AM
JasminePrater
Occasional Contributor II

I posted a Web Mapping Application from our ArcGIS Online into ArcGIS for Teams.  I used the built-in search chat tool to search for it and post it.  When I click Open on the post, it opens the Viewer window and tries to load the map.  I can see the app header and the map tries to load, but immediately flickers white.  It continues to flicker between the Loading... screen and white.  The same thing happened earlier when I tried to view our AGOL Organization page.  I could see the AGOL Organization page for a split second, then white flickering again.  Does anyone have suggestions on how I can get the Viewer to load properly and not resemble a strobe?

Edit: I noticed that it works fine to display maps, but when I try to display that map using the Instant App I built it in, I think it's trying to load the details page of the app instead of the app itself.  When I click to Open in Browser, it opens the details page.  I also got the flickering when trying to view the Organization page that opened fine in ArcGIS Online through the browser.

I can view maps, Instant Apps, and Experience Builder apps without issue when I add a new tab in a different Team and choose Website.  I put the URL of the item and it appears in that viewer like it should in the ArcGIS for Teams Viewer.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SebastianSaballett
Esri Contributor

Hello @JasminePrater,

We are looking into this, it may be a larger issue at hand, given the experience with the "flickering", and after the white screen is it seemingly errored out? If so we may have an understanding of this issue.

Though I noticed you mentioned that you were seeing the issue when it working with instant apps specifically! This ArcGIS item type is currently not yet supported through ArcGIS for Teams, though this will help our consideration as we continue to build out ArcGIS for Teams and what other products we should update with next! Especially when it comes to working within the ArcGIS for Teams app and simply not just the website app provided by Microsoft Teams.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ian_Muehlenhaus
Esri Contributor

Hi @JasminePrater,

Sorry to hear about this issue. Thanks for reaching out on Esri Community, though. This is the best place to get feedback from other users and the dev team. 👍

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to your question. However, I'm confident someone with more knowledge than me about this app will reach out shortly.

Sorry again to hear about this and thanks for letting us know on Esri Community. And thank you for using ArcGIS for Teams. 

Best,

Ian  

-------------------
Ian Muehlenhaus
Location Analytics
0 Kudos
JasminePrater

Thanks for reaching out, @Ian_Muehlenhaus!  Hopefully someone has suggestions I can try.  Until then, I will continue to work with my IT team to see if we can resolve the issue internally.  If so, I will report back our findings and/or resolution.

0 Kudos
SebastianSaballett
Esri Contributor

Hello @JasminePrater,

We are looking into this, it may be a larger issue at hand, given the experience with the "flickering", and after the white screen is it seemingly errored out? If so we may have an understanding of this issue.

Though I noticed you mentioned that you were seeing the issue when it working with instant apps specifically! This ArcGIS item type is currently not yet supported through ArcGIS for Teams, though this will help our consideration as we continue to build out ArcGIS for Teams and what other products we should update with next! Especially when it comes to working within the ArcGIS for Teams app and simply not just the website app provided by Microsoft Teams.

0 Kudos
JasminePrater

@SebastianSaballett When trying to view Instant Apps, the information never loads so I'm not sure if it's erroring out.  The flickering only occurs when I try to load the Instant App or when I tried to view the Organization information that was displayed in a browser format.  There was a button to view Organization info, so I assumed that would work but it did not.  The "browser" view did show enough information between flickering that I recognized it as an Organization info page.  The Instant App never loaded anything between the flickering.

I can confirm that this happened with Instant Apps, but Model Builder didn't have an issue.  As a work around, I have been adding the Instant Apps to our EOC Team by adding a website to the tab and linking the apps' URLs directly.  I would love to see Instant Apps added to the Viewer so if my Team members search for it, they can view a nice app tailored to their specific need.  Thank you for the update!

0 Kudos
SebastianSaballett
Esri Contributor

What browser are you specifically working with? And yes Instant apps will not work at this moment because it has yet to be supported by ArcGIS for Teams, though we are taking it into consideration! 

0 Kudos
JasminePrater

I am working directly in the Teams app, as my organization uses it daily.  For reference, my default browser is Chrome.

0 Kudos