Select to view content in your preferred language

Power BI Online Featured Layer Map Issues

2 weeks ago
Labels (3)
DillionRoberts
New Contributor

I am having two main issues. When I add layers to the feature information in Power BI desktop they work fine, but once they are published to Power BI online and the service they don't seem to display the information when clicked. 

The layers I am using are the ESRI Demographics Updated Variables - 2023 and the Bureau of Labor Statistics Monthly unemployment. 

The second issue is that the ESRI Demographics featured layer doesn't seem to display at all - it doesn't even show up on the map with the colors and density levels. The BLS layer does, but doesn't show the feature information as its supposed to. 

Please help. 

ESRI Error #2.JPGESRI Error #1.JPG

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlagiriVenkatachal
Esri Contributor

Hi @DillionRoberts 

I am trying to replicate this issue. However, I am unable to find the "Esri Demographics Updated Variables - 2023" in the ArcGIS content. Could you please provide a link to the item that you are using?

Also, what version of Power BI Desktop are you using? Finally, what Power BI Dataset are you using as I see that the title for the Power BI dataset on the Layers content is empty in your attached screenshots (I hope the image was not edited to whiteout the layer name).

0 Kudos
DillionRoberts
New Contributor

Hello Alagiri,

I've included screenshots below to answer your questions. I didn't intentionally not display the title of the Power BI dataset layer, rather what seems to happen when I only put the locations in the XY coordinates and not in the location field well it doesn't show the name of the layer? Maybe I should add that same layer into the location so it shows the name? 

The "Esri Demographics Updated Variables - 2023" is a layer that is provided by ESRI through the Living Atlas. That is where I located that layer, along with the BLS layer. 

I continue to have the same issues with it though. I seem to have to delete my Cache and other user Power BI desktop files by following the instructions I found on another post, which I'm going to include below for your reference: 

1. On your local system, navigate to the following locations: 
    • .exe version—%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop (for example, <user>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop)
    • Microsoft Store version—C:\Users\<user>\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App

1. Delete the CEF folder.
  2. Delete the WebView2 folder.
  3. Delete the Cache folder.
  4. Restart your machine.

It seems to work when I do that, but I have to keep doing it over and over and that's not sustainable. 
ESRI Troubleshooting - Power BI Version.JPGESRI Troubleshooting 4.JPGESRI Troubleshooting 3.JPGESRI Troubleshooting 2.JPGESRI Troubleshooting.JPG

0 Kudos