Hide attributes in Power BI reference layer tooltip

Jump to solution
08-12-2020 07:32 AM
MarkPainter
New Contributor II

I have a hosted feature layer in ArcGIS Online which I have added as a reference layer to an ArcGIS Maps for Power BI visual.  The colours/styling that have been set n AGOL are honoured in Power BI.

However, the layer has around 20 attributes.  I have hidden most of them in AGOL using the Data tab, just leaving the feature's name and one value visible.  I have also changed the popup settings in the AGOL Visualisation tab to only show these two fields.  But when a feature is clicked in Power BI the tooltip shows all the layer's attributes.  Tooltips are also displayed for features that have been filtered out in AGOL.

All attribute showing in Power BI for filtered-out areaPopup in AGOL showing visible attributes

Any ideas how to limit the tooltip attributes and make the filter honour the settings in AGOL, or is this a bug.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Mark,

Tooltips (within the context of PowerBI) are created via a Micsrosoft API. I have spoke to representatives on the product team who have communicated that tooltip and ArcGIS Pop up interoperability are on the roadmap. If you would like for Esri Support Services to log an enhancement on this issue, please log a case with us.

Keep on keeping on!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Mark,

Tooltips (within the context of PowerBI) are created via a Micsrosoft API. I have spoke to representatives on the product team who have communicated that tooltip and ArcGIS Pop up interoperability are on the roadmap. If you would like for Esri Support Services to log an enhancement on this issue, please log a case with us.

Keep on keeping on!
JayheeMin
New Contributor

Is there any progress on this issue?

0 Kudos
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Not at this time Jayhee. If you would like your account added to the enhancement of this issue, please log a case with Esri Technical Support.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
Constantino
New Contributor II

Hola. Algún avance?

0 Kudos