Select to view content in your preferred language

Export report to PDF issue

Jump to solution
12-15-2023 12:28 PM
DominicRoberge2
Frequent Contributor

Hi 

I created a simple report in Power BI (Map and table) and when I try to export to PDF, the map widget return this:

is this a known issue?

Thanks!

DominicRoberge2_1-1702672020034.png

PDF

DominicRoberge2_0-1702671977975.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ian_Muehlenhaus
Esri Contributor

Hi @DominicRoberge2

This isn't a perfect solution, since you're using Power BI, but I'm going to guess that means you have access to MS365 Excel too.

You can create the same map using the ArcGIS for Excel extension. In there you can export a PNG or PDF of your map (created almost exactly the same way you would in ArcGIS for Power BI), and of course you can make a nice looking table to export in Excel. Same interface, by-and-large too. So no learning curve. In Excel you can just highlight your data and ask to add it to the map. 

Again, not the solution you're looking for, but an easy work-around to produce a higher quality end product for now. Hope this might help. 👍

Link to blog on extension and exporting:
https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/esri-maps-office/announcements/introducing-arcgis-for-exce... 

-------------------
Ian Muehlenhaus
Location Analytics

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@DominicRoberge2 - Thank you for reaching out. This is working as expected. Our visual is currently not certified with Microsoft as we are considered a third-party visual. 

Please let me know if this helps! 

Reference: Get your Power BI visuals certified - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

DominicRoberge2
Frequent Contributor

@AnthonyLatini  thanks for the info, is ESRI have any plans to have the visual certified? if not, what other option would you recommend to embed a map into a report?

Thanks!

Ian_Muehlenhaus
Esri Contributor

Hi @DominicRoberge2

This isn't a perfect solution, since you're using Power BI, but I'm going to guess that means you have access to MS365 Excel too.

You can create the same map using the ArcGIS for Excel extension. In there you can export a PNG or PDF of your map (created almost exactly the same way you would in ArcGIS for Power BI), and of course you can make a nice looking table to export in Excel. Same interface, by-and-large too. So no learning curve. In Excel you can just highlight your data and ask to add it to the map. 

Again, not the solution you're looking for, but an easy work-around to produce a higher quality end product for now. Hope this might help. 👍

Link to blog on extension and exporting:
https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/esri-maps-office/announcements/introducing-arcgis-for-exce... 

-------------------
Ian Muehlenhaus
Location Analytics
0 Kudos