Select to view content in your preferred language

Coordinates error in power bi

Jump to solution
06-20-2024 07:12 PM
SatyamChaturvedi
New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to publish a map in Power BI, but I'm encountering an error related to the coordinates during validation. I'm unable to identify where the error is or which coordinate is causing the issue, making it difficult for me to fix it. I am attaching a screenshot for more information.

Screenshot 2024-06-21 074212.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @SatyamChaturvedi,

And thanks @MdeBoer for the reply! That's right! Since there are data added both in the Location and XY field wells, it fails the embed and publish check. So please remove "Village name" from Location field well. Power BI only allows one Power BI data layer added. Once XY is mapped, data added to the Location well won't be mapped. 

Please let me know if you have more questions! Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MdeBoer
Esri Contributor

Hi, it looks like you still have data in the location field well. You cannot publish a map when this is the case unless it is JSON data. In this documentation you can find more information about publishing: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/microsoft-365/latest/power-bi/publish-to-web.htm#:~:text=Power%20BI%20data.....

0 Kudos
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @SatyamChaturvedi,

And thanks @MdeBoer for the reply! That's right! Since there are data added both in the Location and XY field wells, it fails the embed and publish check. So please remove "Village name" from Location field well. Power BI only allows one Power BI data layer added. Once XY is mapped, data added to the Location well won't be mapped. 

Please let me know if you have more questions! Thanks!

0 Kudos
SatyamChaturvedi
New Contributor

Thanks brother for support. 

DillionRoberts
Emerging Contributor

I am running into the same issue, but I don't have anything in the location field well, only in the latitude and longitude. @MdeBoer @NaZhang_Esri How can I fix this issue? Map Coordinates Issue.JPG

0 Kudos
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @DillionRoberts,

From your screenshot, I see you added "Address:Zip/Postal" data to both XY data. Coordinates works if you add XY data in. Address data will need to put in the Location field well to be mapped. Please refer to this link to see the adding data process. Add a data layer to a map. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DillionRoberts
Emerging Contributor

Would it be possible to use an address, zip/code, city, etc. in the XY field since I am trying to embed this map to a website? Or does it have to be XY data only?

0 Kudos
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

You could use other data than XY and put in the  "Location" field well, but it has to be EsriJSON format if it's not XY in order to embed. 

0 Kudos