Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Interaction Issue in Power BI After June 26, 2024 (Arcgis Online)

Jump to solution
4 weeks ago
Labels (2)
AdebMoustafa
New Contributor II

Hello,

I created a map using ArcGIS Online, where I added layers, images, labels, and pop-ups. I imported this map into Power BI, and initially, everything worked perfectly. I could click on any point in the map and view the information and images I added in ArcGIS Online. However, on June 26, 2024, I encountered an issue: clicking on any point in the map no longer shows any response. It's now impossible to click on any point to view the information.

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @AdebMoustafa,

Thanks for your question! I hope you like the new version so far! In the June release, we tried to make the map clean and nice. To see the information from ArcGIS layers, you will need to go to Formatting pane and find Feature information, toggle that on, you will see a side panel on the map. When you click on the ArcGIS data, you will see the information on the side panel. You are able to collapse or expand the panel and change the position of the panel. 

NaZhang_Esri_0-1719518254222.png

See more information here https://doc.arcgis.com/en/microsoft-365/latest/get-started/feature-information.htm

Please let me know if you have more questions or concerns. Thank you!

View solution in original post

14 Replies
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @AdebMoustafa,

Thanks for your question! I hope you like the new version so far! In the June release, we tried to make the map clean and nice. To see the information from ArcGIS layers, you will need to go to Formatting pane and find Feature information, toggle that on, you will see a side panel on the map. When you click on the ArcGIS data, you will see the information on the side panel. You are able to collapse or expand the panel and change the position of the panel. 

NaZhang_Esri_0-1719518254222.png

See more information here https://doc.arcgis.com/en/microsoft-365/latest/get-started/feature-information.htm

Please let me know if you have more questions or concerns. Thank you!

AdebMoustafa
New Contributor II

Thank you for the explanation and for the new update! I appreciate the improvements made to make the map cleaner and nicer. Thank you!

NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

You are very welcome! 😊

AdebMoustafa
New Contributor II

Thank you! The issue has indeed been resolved in Power BI Desktop, but it still persists after publishing. The difference is that layers can be selected in Power BI Desktop, but they cannot be selected in Power BI Online, as shown in the attached images.

To clarify further, when I open the Power BI link, the information does not appear in "Feature information part" when I click on any point on the map.

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @AdebMoustafa,

Based on the screenshots you attached, it seemed like you didn't sign in to ArcGIS on Power BI online. Could you please try to sign in and see if it works? Thanks!

0 Kudos
BradCase1
New Contributor

I wanted to join this conversation and note that I have having a similar issue. This is a screen shot from my ArcGIS layer with the pop up shown. Until two days ago the pop ups on Power BI ESRI map looked just like this. Then two days ago all of the pop ups stopped working. Your help is greatly appreciated.

pop up.jpg

0 Kudos
DillionRoberts
New Contributor

I am having the same issue with the "ESRI Updated Demographics Variables 2023" and "Bureau of Labor Statistics Monthly Unemployment (latest 14 months) as far as being able to interact with them in the Power BI map inside both Power BI desktop and Power BI online. They were working fine before the update, but now it doesn't show the pop up information when you click on a county, state, census tract, etc. I've enabled the feature information option and have those layers selected inside the feature information section on the map. Please help! ArcGIS Issue.JPGArcGIS Issue 2.JPG

0 Kudos
DillionRoberts
New Contributor

I do see the information in the featured information panel now, but I just wanted to clarify, there's no way for it to populate inside the map?

0 Kudos
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @BradCase1, please refer to the solution post above. Toggle on Feature information from the Format pane in Power BI, select the layers from the side panel drop down if you sign in as an ArcGIS user and click features on the map, then you should be able to see the popups on the feature information pane. Please let me know if you have more questions!

0 Kudos