Connect Power BI to hosted feature layers and map services

Jump to solution
08-28-2017 10:55 AM
diegocarvalho
New Contributor III

Hello, 

I don't work with Power BI yet, but wanted to know if it is possible to connect Power BI to ArcGIS Online and make the PBI consume the data from my layers in AGOL or even in my map services (published to my local server).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YoavRappaport
Occasional Contributor

PBI can consume publicly shared polygons on AGOL, that's it. It will consume the shape and the attributes. You can tie additional information to a unique ID from inside PBI. You cannot connect only to the table of attributes, you cannot connect to more than one in a single map. You cannot connect to lines. You cannot connect to points. Points must come from your own xy data. If point data is being entered in AGOL, I haven't found a way to bring it in to PBI.  You cannot connect to your own server or group permissioned on AGOL, only public data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
YoavRappaport
Occasional Contributor

PBI can consume publicly shared polygons on AGOL, that's it. It will consume the shape and the attributes. You can tie additional information to a unique ID from inside PBI. You cannot connect only to the table of attributes, you cannot connect to more than one in a single map. You cannot connect to lines. You cannot connect to points. Points must come from your own xy data. If point data is being entered in AGOL, I haven't found a way to bring it in to PBI.  You cannot connect to your own server or group permissioned on AGOL, only public data.

0 Kudos