Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Demographics Reference Layer No Longer Displays - TypeError Returned

Jump to solution
12-04-2023 08:58 AM
Labels (3)
baltemus
New Contributor

Hello, 

I recently built an ArcGIS map that utilizes the 2020 USA Population Density ArcGIS demographics layer that is available in the demographics reference layer menu.  Last week I noticed this reference layer had disappeared from my saved project, and now when I try to add it back to the map it returns this 'TypeError' error message:

baltemus_1-1701709078975.png

I have tried to start a new file to see if there was something corrupted in the original project file, but was unable to get the reference layer to work in a new file.  I have also attempted to test in power bi service versus desktop and neither are working.  I have another colleague that this same issue has now happened with their projects which utilize these reference layers as well.

Is it possible there is an outage between ArcGIS/ESRI and Power BI?  Please help, thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @baltemus,

Please try to load it again and it should be working now. Thanks again for your patience! 

NaZhang_Esri_0-1701731196972.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @baltemus,

Thanks very much for letting us know! We are investigating this issue now and will let you know once we have updates. Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your patience.  

0 Kudos
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @baltemus,

Could you please try to sign in with your ArcGIS account and add from Reference layer -  ArcGIS Online in case you need the layer right now?

Steps -

1. Sign in to ArcGIS Online/Enterprise in ArcGIS for Power BI

2. Go to Reference layer and Choose ArcGIS

3. In the drop down, pick ArcGIS Online

4. Type f38794b3ff4d4382849eb6ccaf0564b1 (2020 USA Population Density layer ID) in the Search box

NaZhang_Esri_0-1701713373419.png

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

0 Kudos
NaZhang_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @baltemus,

Please try to load it again and it should be working now. Thanks again for your patience! 

NaZhang_Esri_0-1701731196972.png