Select to view content in your preferred language

Using gradiant color in polygon reference layer

07-29-2021 05:33 AM
JeroenGroothuismink
New Contributor II

We have a reference layer in ArcGis online with polygons. In a seperate file we have a registration of plants and animals found in these polygons. 
We like to show the polygons where the plants are found and we like to color the polygons with a gradient color according to the amount of plants and animals found within the bounderies of the polygon.

Filtering of the polygons wich do have the selected plants is already possible, now we like to gradiently color the reference layer.

Tags (3)
4 Comments
by Anonymous User

Hi @JeroenGroothuismink 

Do you want to color all the polygons in the reference layer, based on values from data loaded into Power BI or are you asking for the fill to be weighted gradients based on the value? Would a dot density fill work in place of a gradient?

Thank you,

Andrew

JeroenGroothuismink

Hi @Anonymous User ,

I want to color every polygon in the layer when there is a match in the data table.
The color needs to depend on the amount of in this case numbers of counted species. With la few species I want to show an other color with more species in one polygon I want to show an other color.

I hope I made clear what I want.

Jeroen

by Anonymous User

@JeroenGroothuismink I think we understand your requirements here and will review this with the team. We'll be in touch as we evaluate/build this for a future release.

LiamCurrie

I'm honestly shocked that there's no choropleth mapping available in the PBI add-on. How was this not included in the initial build? The default shapemap tool in PBI is awful but it at least has the ability to build a choropleth map.