Hide Longitude and Latitude from Tooltip

06-28-2022 08:56 AM
AnitaDunleavy
New Contributor II

Need the ability to hide Longitude and Latitude data point from the pop up Tooltip on the map, makes it too cluttered and there's almost no reason you'd need it in the tool tip

4 Comments
RodPBI
by

Also, make it so I can use Report Page Tooltips as I can with other visuals.  For instance, here's an example from the MS Map Visual

RodPBI_0-1656540316224.png

wmancini

Yes and Yes!

The ability to remove Longitude and Latitude from the pop up tooltip is essential! Even just being able to craft the Report Page tooltip as an alternative would suffice.

Having the lat/long in the pop up makes the map seem incomplete or unprofessional and is always a first obvious ask by a review team.

JeffreyKruse

I couldn't agree more with this suggestion.  In fact I'd love to see Tooltips improved in the following way beyond what was originally suggested:

1. Support the Custom Tool Tips that Microsoft offers (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-tooltips?tabs=powerbi-desktop)

2. Allow better formatting on the data as it shows up (decimal precision, etc)

3. Allow better control on the order and fields in general - if we could not have default fields or have control more like what is in the ArcGIS Map tool that would be great!

Jeff

MariaSchmieder

Hello, This would be super useful to have - being able to change what fields are in the tooltip, specifically latitude and longitude - removing those without altering the map.