flow works when testing but doesn't work in real world

06-27-2022 09:31 AM
MatthewAttiyeh1
New Contributor II

I set up a flow to send an email when a record is created in a feature layer in our citizen problem reporter solution. I use the "When record is created in a feature layer" connector and then the "get data from feature layer" action plus some other actions to pull the newest feature and parse the JSON before sending an email out.

When I click test in power automate and create a record in my feature layer it succesfully runs the flow and sends an email out but when I create a new problem in the citizen problem reporter nothing happens even though a new feature is successfully created. The flow is turned on and should be working. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@NataliyaLys - Thank you for reaching out and sharing the flow information that you are having an issue with.

Currently, there is an outstanding issue related to retrieving updates from a feature layer that we are investigating and looking into. The bug does not appear to capture the first update that is made, but a subsequent update will be captured. In the first update, you may see an output that contains an empty result in the output section of the action: []

I am wondering if that is the reason for the flow not triggering or if there is in fact a parameter not being met. 

Would you be able to share a screenshot of a flow that has run? I would like to check out the outputs of the flow itself. The output should look something like this: 

AnthonyLatini_0-1695855766768.png

Let's see if we can get this up and running for you! 

0 Kudos
NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor II

@AnthonyLatini thank you for the information. 

I think that might be it, the issue with 'the first update'. I have a number of other flow, and they work fine, but they are not triggered by 'the first updated'. 

Here is my output, and I'm getting just empty brakets. 

NataliyaLys_0-1695907258614.png

Are there any workarounds for this issue? 

Thank you,

0 Kudos
AnthonyLatini
Esri Contributor

@NataliyaLys - Thank you for the screenshot. That is the same behavior we are seeing with the multiple reports of this issue (empty brackets).

At the moment, there is not a workaround for this issue. However, we are investigating this issue and still attempting to get to the bottom of it. I will post to this thread and the others once we have a solution to this issue. 

0 Kudos
AnninaRupe1
New Contributor III

@AnthonyLatini : any updates on this issue? I think I'm running into the same thing.

0 Kudos