Select to view content in your preferred language

Feature Layer and Related Table records through Power Automate

05-24-2024 05:32 AM
danielarc
New Contributor II

I have a feature layer (parent table, one) with a related table (child reords, many).

In Power Automate i have created a trigger "When a record is updated" with the related table (child records), but i need to call some fields of the parent table...

The idea is to call a field of the Parent Table (see the image bellow), how i call that field

Screenshot_2.jpg

Help please

0 Kudos
7 Replies
danielarc
New Contributor II

Any ideas or workaround?

@IsmaelChivite 

@SeanKMcGinnis 

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I use Make, not Power Automate, but I imagine they could be similar for this. We do this very thing in a few of our flows.

When you get the form details in, you can use them to sent an HTTP POST request to the parent layer's query endpoint, and include the child attributes in the where parameter. The returned JSON can include whatever parent feature fields you need, and these can be passed on to other parts of your flow.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
danielarc
New Contributor II

The idea is to call a field of the Parent Table (see the image bellow), how i call that field?

Screenshot_2.jpg

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Does Power Automate have an HTTP Request module?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor III

I have a similar workflow. And it has been working for me. I'm still new to the Power Automate, so it might not be the best way to handle it, but it works nevertheless. 

1. Step 1, I connect to a child table - 'When a record is updated....'

2. Step 2, I fetch updated record from the child table - 'Fetch updates, changes, or deletions...'

3. Step 3, I get data from a parent table - 'Get data from feature layer'

4. Step 4, I update fields in my child table (using fields from parent table) - 'Update fields in comments...'

5. Step 5, I get data from the child table (so i can send it in an email) - 'Get data from feature...'

I hope this helps. 

NataliyaLys_0-1716557309791.png

0 Kudos
danielarc
New Contributor II

Hi NataliyaLys

I'm trying.. 

How did you do step 4?

0 Kudos
NataliyaLys
Occasional Contributor III

Here is how the step 4 looks like: